Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

For my Coworkers: Celebrity Shoplifter

tunedek

Nov 3, 2009, 5:01 PM
So we sell this starter pack of accessories that come with a gel skin, car charger and data cable all in large cup with a lid. Great!

Well a customer walks in, grabs the accessory, walks out of the store ... opens accessory right in front of the store. Proceeds to dump everything out and fill the cup with her alcohol and then causually walk through parking lot.

Just another day in this retail store. You think it'd be surprising but ... at this store - daily occurence.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 4, 2009, 10:15 AM
I want to be her friend.
sweetcherrygurl

Nov 4, 2009, 4:44 PM
tunedek said:
Just another day in this retail store. You think it'd be surprising but ... at this store - daily occurence.

could it be a daily occurence because you don't try to stop them, instead choosing to post a thread on phonescoop?

just a thought.
wizardofCroz

Nov 4, 2009, 4:52 PM
After the shoplifter leaves the store, it's not legal to chase them. Plus, if the person has a gun and you chase them and get injured, work will not pay for your medical bills. Just call the cops and report the missing items and give a description of the person. Not worth being a hero.
AVANESS

Nov 4, 2009, 8:23 PM
She needed the cup. Did you go out there and pick up the accessories? I understand both sides.
WhoDey

Nov 9, 2009, 3:27 PM
lol
getsome

Nov 4, 2009, 7:54 PM
i am batman and no one steals from my store
tunedek

Nov 8, 2009, 7:48 PM
Like others said it's not worth it to stop them.

1.) I'll get fired for doing so. It's company policy not to address the issue. But like others said just file an incident report, let LP worry about it.

2.) It's not worth my safety or the safety of others to risk a $30 acc.

But don't get me wrong; I'd love to bludgen someone for stealing. I hate thieves.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.