Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Bill Payments

brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 12:48 PM
We take payments in store as do most of you..

However, with this lovely system that we use we CANNOT look up any billing information..

Why do customers come and say "I need to pay my bill" and they DON'T know what their bill is or never bring the bill with them..It means a 5 minute phone call to get their damn total and another 5 minutes in the system to get their account number and crap to post their payment..

Can they just have the information required to make it easier on both of us?
babyvaz

Oct 30, 2009, 12:55 PM
now honey what would be the fun of that
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 1:01 PM
LOL..

I know huh...

Since that seems to be all I have been doing lately..damn slow..
AVANESS

Oct 30, 2009, 1:02 PM
Why cant you log into thier online acct.?
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 1:05 PM
Avaness,

the online system that we use doesn't let us see that and 99% of the customers don't have their account set up online..and the way the online site works is faster to call and get the total..
AVANESS

Oct 30, 2009, 1:32 PM
I worked for a TMO third party that did not have a cash register. If the customer did not have the correct amount, them we could not sell them a phone. How messed up is that?. We were always running back and forth to other stores, trying to get change.
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 1:36 PM
OMG....

That would really suck..
Menno

Oct 30, 2009, 2:30 PM
Not sure who you work for, but I work for a verizon agent and when a customer doesn't know what they owe we pull up the account in eroes and it tells us.
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 3:30 PM
Menno,

we use eWave (I work for an Alltel agent)..I can only look up one line at a time and no billing info..
Coil

Oct 30, 2009, 4:08 PM
brentgodwin said:
Menno,

we use eWave (I work for an Alltel agent)..I can only look up one line at a time and no billing info..

I thought VZW not only bought out but integrated Alltell into EROES. Hmm.
Menno

Oct 30, 2009, 4:10 PM
port over not complete in every market. I can pull up altell accounts in eroes, but some stores still use old system.
MrGoofball

Oct 30, 2009, 4:16 PM
He might be in a market that has to be divested oh all knowing one.
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 5:18 PM
not in this market..

We are part of the divested group that was created...

and on your other post here..99% of the customers that come here to pay their bills don't buy anything from us. They don't want to wait at the Corporate store..
Coil

Oct 30, 2009, 4:06 PM
brentgodwin said:
We take payments in store as do most of you..

However, with this lovely system that we use we CANNOT look up any billing information..

Why do customers come and say "I need to pay my bill" and they DON'T know what their bill is or never bring the bill with them..It means a 5 minute phone call to get their damn total and another 5 minutes in the system to get their account number and crap to post their payment..

Can they just have the information required to make it easier on both of us?

Oh wow a whole precious 10 minutes of your valuable time on phonescoop and surfing the Internet. Why would anyone pay you to help customers to ensure returned clientele when you can sit on the I...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Oct 30, 2009, 4:57 PM
I would be happy if my customers just knew their phone number
ecycled

Oct 30, 2009, 5:23 PM
No shortcut code that will kick you back the balance?

When we can dial *729 (pay) and it tells the balance within 30 seconds.

Most companies have some form of shortcut to call customer service from the handset (611 att or landline 800-331-0500 automated), one option invariably is "Pay My Bill" choosing this option will give you a total.

Helpful? Yes/No Rate me on MySpace at Customersdontknowcrap.
brentgodwin

Oct 30, 2009, 5:41 PM
yea...the same 729 works but it goes through the same prompts as the care line..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.