Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

AT&T indirect channel getting iPhone, confirmed

jeffatt

Oct 29, 2009, 10:22 AM
I apologize if this is old news...I've been on vacation and out of the loop for a couple weeks. Our company had a managers meeting at the corporate office yesterday and we got some pretty detailed info regarding the iPhone release....Per my ARSM (AT&T corp rep), we will be getting it on March 31st, maybe sooner, but definitely no later. This is not something I am excited about based on what information I've been provided. Now keep in mind they are still hammering out the details, but this is pretty close to do a done deal...

iPhone sales will be compensated at a flat $25 to the selling company. That is next to nothing. For example, our company makes about $140.00 in commission on an upgrade on a secondary line. The company literally wil...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Oct 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
Not surprised about the data plan.. iwouldnt be surprised if they stopped comp on smartphone data plans as well.
jeffatt

Oct 30, 2009, 1:46 PM
The data plan is the one thing that we WILL be getting compensated on according to my rep. It's the rate plan and the contract/activation itself that we won't really get anything on...and actually won't get credit as an activation, just revenue (albeit crappy revenue) from it, similar to how Pay As You Go is compensated.

It won't go towards the VABs (if that means anything to you).
wizardofCroz

Oct 29, 2009, 12:02 PM
Why wouldn't an iphone activation count for the same rate plan as a Blackberry?

If the customer is getting a 2yr contract, with so and so amount of minutes, it should be the same across the board.

The only thing i can think of is that the indirect company does not want to pay the asking price to stock those iphones so their compensation will suffer.

I've been on both sides of the fence, started indirect and now work for corporate. I used to cringe when someone came in and wanted the iphone, now i get all warm and fuzzy. Funny how things change.
jeffatt

Oct 30, 2009, 1:54 PM
I'd imagine this was the only way Apple would let the indirect agents carry the iPhone. They weren't about to hand over their precious iPhone and high revenue potential to indirect agents with the possibility of agents cutting their profit and slashing the price.

My guess is this is the only way they could come up with to control pricing.
ecycled

Oct 29, 2009, 12:14 PM
We (indirect also) have been told we will be stocking i(diot)phones in november, but they have not filled in any details. Crazy that your getting it in March/April and you know more than they've told us.

All I can say is we get 10+ ppl walking out everyday because we don't stock it. It doesn't get reception in our rural area very well. The nearest apple support is over 1 hour from here. Good luck iphoners.

Try this: We have just been ordering it from apple.com when they are getting other phones we do stock and just skipping att all together, still ringing out the feature though with another iphone IMEI.

Other good news if you get an itemized chargeback list (feature payout vesting is after 6 months). I can say that 60% of my charge...
(continues)
skibum

Oct 30, 2009, 11:00 AM
20 Dealers in the Country will be getting the iPhone this November. My company is one. We will have it no later then Black Friday. We are the only dealer in the Rocky Mountain Region getting this phone in November.
jeffatt

Oct 30, 2009, 1:40 PM
My condolences.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.