Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Called customer care over a missing deposit

Crapbag

Oct 16, 2009, 3:16 PM
So I called care after a customer came in inquiring about the status on a deposit refund. The care rep first didn't bother to properly confirm identity. I then proceed to explain the reason for the call. After repeating myself five times five different ways I then had to go into the entire activation/deposit scenario. Followed by how my carrier returns deposits after a year. You'd think a rep would know this... Once I'd gotten the information accross he finds a note where it had been sent out. I explain it's been two months and we'd likely need a re-issue. He then tries to tell me that my carrier can't track whether it's been deposited and they couldn't send out another check. This of course is all broken up by repeated requests tha...
(continues)
CinBellguy12

Oct 16, 2009, 3:20 PM
Thank good we issue them as credits on the account!
mrpmpfan

Oct 17, 2009, 5:38 AM
We have a company called young america who issues a prepaid debit card with the deposit
Crapbag

Oct 17, 2009, 12:38 PM
We no longer go through Young America. We used to for our rebates. That didn't work out very well. They had a 65% pay out rate on mailed in rebates. We send a check now. I don't think account credits are fair when you have a $750 deposit.
matonater

Oct 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
but you think its fair to charge a 750 deposit?
jeffatt

Oct 17, 2009, 12:53 PM
If your credit is that bad, then yeah. It's basically "making" you prepay for a contract service and so long as you prove you can make regular payments, they give it back to you. Perfectly fair, IMO.

There's always prepaid and lots of good options are out there for prepaid now anyway.
matonater

Oct 17, 2009, 12:55 PM
I know but 750 is high

we top out at 400

750 is a fu*k you deposit
NEPats726420

Oct 17, 2009, 2:11 PM
more then 1 line ya know

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.