Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

the IQ test theory

ecycled

Oct 14, 2009, 1:04 PM
If you think about it, IQ has nothing to do with the operation of the phone. I'd say more like common sense, but I digress.

I have thought about it. Here is the conclusion I have come up with: Customers are afraid of their phones.

The following is what I tell customers, it comes from my personal experience(the following actually happened) and is not valid in all situations. Use it or don't, I'm just saying.

I purchased an XBOX 360 Elite. I was super excited when I got it. Immediatly I took it home and opened the box. I pulled out the instruction manual, which takes thought and since I'm ADHD is torture to sit and focus. So I drifted off and thought about how when I was 10 years old I used take my Nintendo everywhere and just plug it...
(continues)
ollywolf

Oct 14, 2009, 1:51 PM
That works for some but not all. Try telling that to 76 year old man who just purchased a blackberry 😡
ecycled

Oct 14, 2009, 1:58 PM
I tell the 76 yr old man that wants the Blackberry "I'll see you in a couple of days but no more than 30 days. Otherwise your stuck with a phone you can't operate."

Those are my exact words. Oh and "Good Luck".

But I will set up their email to see if I can get them hooked with on-demand at-your-finger-tips world.
Drunk

Oct 14, 2009, 2:25 PM
I find that old people and computers are this way. "do you want to save these changes" will freak them out. I get a call from grandma, "do I need to save this?" she can't tell me what it is (word or powerpoint or internet explorer or anything) and she freaks out, gets hung up on it and thinks that she will screw up the computer. I go over to "fix" her imaginary problems like the task bar at the side or top of screen and she flips out when I right click on it and tells me not to screw it up. Oh my hell!

My mom is complete opposite, she spent $40 on malware because it said "your computer is infected" yea! now her bank accounts have been tampered with and she's got some big big problems.
BigbillMalone

Oct 14, 2009, 2:57 PM
I wonder what we will be like in the future when we're that age.

"Son, I can't merge with the hive-mind."
"Did you check your settings?"
"I did but I didn't want to mess with it. I still can't find it."
"We just upgraded your VR chip last week!"
"Yeah, but it's just... gone."
Drunk

Oct 14, 2009, 3:21 PM
Was a kick in the ass, grandma spent $100 to make her computer work when it happened. My mom said Eff that and never paid anything.
ecycled

Oct 14, 2009, 3:21 PM
🤣

Yeah. I too wonder what we'll be like in the future....

Call Center:
My windows 83 crashed and my car won't fly anymore. Luckily I had my memories stored in my robot choffeur so it was able to restore it while we were on the moon colony.
ecycled

Oct 14, 2009, 3:16 PM
Yes. The super old are afraid of everything. Our parents are super gullible. Our age usually can do pretty well but the occasional virus gets us because we surf alot.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.