Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Red or Green Pill

sci3ntific

Oct 10, 2009, 7:11 PM
My call center is closing Dec. 04. Just another casualty of a recent buyout. Relocate out of state within the company for 10k??? Or take the severance??? My conscience, "Take the money and run." Free at laaaasssstttt, free at laaaaassst. You know the rest. Peace.
babyvaz

Oct 11, 2009, 5:24 AM
on the 10k...its gotta be better than the severance. take 10k and quit what can they do if its gone
longsleeves

Oct 11, 2009, 10:25 AM
I want to be unemployed and living off the gov't.
jeffatt

Oct 12, 2009, 10:05 AM
What's the severance package?

Do you have a lot of roots (family, friends, grew up there, etc) where you're at?

Those 2 things would be the key factors to consider, IMO.

If you DO have a lot of friends & family where you're at, I'm not sure $10K to relocate would be worth it.
krickt

Oct 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
where do they want you to go? That would decide it for me, some places aren't worth any amount of money to go to.
ecycled

Oct 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
If the 10k is higher than the severance I'd take the move go through the hassle, get some super cheap housing and bail as soon as possible, or get yourself fired so you get unemployment while you look for another job.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.