Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Wow good job Sprint

WhatsMyName

Sep 27, 2009, 3:50 PM
Its a Sunday at 4:45 and i have just activated a new account, and when you do so on sprint they make the customer call a welcome center before thee phone can be activated. We have called the welcome center 4 times now and it just says enter the phone number.

So the customer is without a phone until tomorrow... Great Job Sprint you love customers
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:51 PM
Did you port in the numbers?
WhatsMyName

Sep 27, 2009, 3:52 PM
nope🙂
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:55 PM
Did you activate them properly?
WhatsMyName

Sep 27, 2009, 3:57 PM
Everything is done fine its the welcome center being closed 🙂
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:58 PM
They don't close at 3 PM on a weekend. 🙄
SprintCC

Sep 27, 2009, 11:31 PM
I know the Welcome group in my call center is open until 9:00 EDT on Sunday. I know they were there taking calls tonight.

And, of course, when the Welcome groups do close, the code that makes the Welcome call happen is deactivated until the next business day.

If the call isn't going through it is either a provisioning issue or something wasn't programmed properly.
ATnT Cellular

Sep 28, 2009, 5:20 PM
That is weird, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile don't make new custys call a welcome center before they can use their service.
jeffatt

Sep 28, 2009, 6:13 PM
AT&T has an IVR (Interactive Voice Response, automated system) that hotlines the phone until the contract is electronically accepted through that little system.

Becomes a pain in the butt if you get through the activation with an authorized user and they don't know the last 4 of the account holder's SSN.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.