Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Should I Be Scared....?

elMamBo

Sep 14, 2009, 6:49 PM
Bad News..

i got a written final.. for getting low scores on my calls...

should i start looking for another job or what?
Drunk

Sep 14, 2009, 6:52 PM
Flip off the over oppressive Corporate america and give the real people the bird as well
fire4fred

Sep 14, 2009, 6:53 PM
YES.. NO ONE IS SAVED. IM SORRY BRO.. you know the rumors anyways right?? they're will be cutting heads left and right
Mexicubana_qmix

Sep 15, 2009, 7:48 AM
I would like to keep this job... I would hate returning my laptop I just got yesturday... uhhh.
ecycled

Sep 14, 2009, 6:58 PM
eh, do you think you can redeem yourself? If so then turn it around.

If not or if you don't want to bother, then yes find another less soul sucking job.

After this I respect garbage men sooooo much and think they are lucky.

on a side note: I have applied to become a police officer. I'm looking for other gainful employment. I'd rather be shot at then take this, now what does that say about how I feel?
elMamBo

Sep 14, 2009, 7:01 PM
i have to be extremely perfect to not get the BOOT. ..not too fun..
ecycled

Sep 14, 2009, 7:03 PM
Yes you should look for another job. Its impossible to be perfect.
ATnT Nokia

Sep 14, 2009, 8:42 PM
ecycled said:
Yes you should look for another job. Its impossible to be perfect.

Corporate America wants us to be robots. They set the bar way too high so that they can fire you and replace you with people and start them off at lower salaries than what you started at. It's all a big scam to avoid paying for people's insurance and to avoid giving raises.
chocosong87

Sep 14, 2009, 8:51 PM
when I first started at this call center the hourly pay was $9.50. They then started firing people left and right and are now bringing in people at $8.50. It makes me sick.
ATnT Nokia

Sep 14, 2009, 8:54 PM
chocosong87 said:
when I first started at this call center the hourly pay was $9.50. They then started firing people left and right and are now bringing in people at $8.50. It makes me sick.

I worked for a for profit online university, did the same damn thing to their sales force!!
ATnT Nokia

Sep 14, 2009, 8:56 PM
Because for every person they fire, they have well over 100 people who want that job and are willing to take it at it's new low wage.

In the job market, Corporate America has the upper hand, hence the reason I moved into higher education.
fire4fred

Sep 14, 2009, 8:59 PM
the higher you go.. the less supply of workers..capitalism works great right??
chocosong87

Sep 14, 2009, 9:52 PM
right...and the people that are willing to take teh job at the lower wage don't know that people before them were making more and if they do know they don't really care because they know that there isn't anything they can do about it. I hate the way everything is run nowadays. 😕
NaughtyGuy555

Sep 15, 2009, 6:57 AM
That blows Mambo... Just do your little tap dance on out of here. You know how they are making us follow all this new policies and docking us for them before they even let us know what the changes are.
Mexicubana_qmix

Sep 16, 2009, 9:11 AM
We will never be able to get that 5 dollers if this keeps happening. I am so getting tired of this. I prefer going to an att store to apply as a sales rep because I hear you get a free phone and competetive commision. Maybe, just maybe... I get fired here first and receive my unemployment checks... then I will look for another job... All I know is cx service and medical sh!t.
tmochicka24

Sep 15, 2009, 9:50 AM
Yeah I totally would
elMamBo

Sep 15, 2009, 9:54 AM
thanx for the support ppl.. its okay.. im applying at XXX and YYY good companies for what i hear..
Mexicubana_qmix

Sep 16, 2009, 9:12 AM
Hey pass them ALONG!!! Don't be greedy...
ZadenWillowfyre

Sep 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
It wouldn't hurt to always have a back up! Times are tough! It sucks you got a final though..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.