Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

New story - netbooks

ecycled

Sep 9, 2009, 3:59 PM
Customer comes in asking about netbooks. we talk for a minute and she says she wants to see one. I pull one out so she can see the size but the rest; battery, cord etc. is sealed so I'm not breaking the seal. She wants me to turn it on so she can see it. I say, its windows just like every computer you have ever seen. She says I just want to see it. I show her the working display one and say it looks exactly like this. She says I don't know I'm hesitant if I could just see it on.

Are you kidding me?! Its a computer, they all look the same.

She turned out to have a huge deposit and is a prepaid person. Figures.
Decept.ICON

Sep 9, 2009, 5:25 PM
🤣
dualitycomplex

Sep 9, 2009, 8:16 PM
I have a live model that customers can look at, its active and has a locked down internet connection, I then have pictures of the other three colors I offer they do not get to see a brand new one taken out of box until they have passed credit check and are ready to buy. Just ask the customer if they would want to buy a computer as new if everything was unpacked and had finger prints all over it. The same excuse I use when showing phones and PDAs at my store each sales person has a differnt type of phone, one windows one black berry one env touch and the last guy has a nokia, they can play with those the new items are to be sold as new and not to be open box items.
SneakyRebelNinja

Sep 11, 2009, 1:18 PM
Wow. Shocking. Knock me over with a feather.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.