Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

AT&T...

MisterSuperSzar

Sep 7, 2009, 6:45 PM
Does anybody else share a passionate dislike for AT&T? If you live in Dallas, your opinion does not count, because your bias towards the company is automatic. In fact, 3 major carriers are offered where I work, one of them being AT&T. I started working for the company in Dallas, where disliking AT&T would be a risk against your life. I moved to CO and I realized how much AT&T sucks. First of all, their pricing is outrageous. For the same price, why not get Verizon (supposedly the 'best' network)? Their phones really suck, especially the interface. Their customer service is closed on Sundays (people don't stop having problems with their phones/service just because it is Sabbath day...). Those are just a few reasons...I could write a long blog...
(continues)
solodolo

Sep 7, 2009, 9:19 PM
In my opinion working for a retailer that offers 3 major carriers in the same location is a slap in the face to the consumer. Its obvious its not about the quality but the quantity. As for your distaste in At&t it sounds like a personal opinion backed with excuses. In comparison with verizon our prices are almost identical. I would assume in the battle of price you would have chosen t-mobile. Just for the simple fact that I work for At&t does not justify that it is "better" in my book. I have alot of friends who work for other carriers and I understand the pros and cons of all. Trust me, making customers understand the value of your service as opposed to exploiting the bad in other carriers will make you more money. people appreciate honesty...
(continues)
MisterSuperSzar

Sep 7, 2009, 9:53 PM
You assumed too many things. Shop Talk is reserved for people involved in the wireless industry. I do not bad mouth AT&T to my customers, I simply steer them away from inferior services. I know how to sell, and I do it well.
By assuming that I push T-Mobile, you are incorrect. I actually ran my kiosk to sell more Sprint new acts last month and the month prior than any of the other 16 stores we have in our market. I sell the value and service that Sprint can offer. To be slightly hypocritical, I am going to assume that you highly dislike Sprint, because of it's 'bad' coverage, billing issues, customer service, etc...blah. I was the same way. Two years ago if you told me that I not only quadrupled Sprint numbers YOY, but personally carried S...
(continues)
solodolo

Sep 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
"I do not bad mouth AT&T to my customers, I simply steer them away from inferior services." lol thats the nice way of bad mouthing. I didnt assume that you push tmobile I was just saying that if you were going to compare pricing I thought you would say them over verizon seeing how our prices with verizon are almost identical. Actually I carried sprint for years and never really had a problem other than service at my house. My retailer actually sells sprint in some stores in the south because of the better service in those particular areas for the customer. I understand your store may be extremely profitable but that is not what your first post was about. It was comparing price, value, etc. Its just that when I see a store(best buy, radio sha...
(continues)
MisterSuperSzar

Sep 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
As you quoted, I don't bad mouth carriers to my customers. I bad mouth them to others in the industry.
On another note, since when does a corporation care more about customer satisfaction than profit? ( 😁 that is a greedy capitalist thought right there) But really, I can provide the best customer service in the world to any customer. However, if I am not concerned about my profit margin as well as the overall happiness of my customers, I will go out of business. I understand the concept of customer referrals for good business practices, in fact it is how a large source of our business is produced. But I can't afford to focus to deeply on customer service. I am in sales, not customer service. I don't get paid to resolve issues down the roa...
(continues)
solodolo

Sep 7, 2009, 11:24 PM
thanks, I thought my last one might have got them. Now were all done for.lol
Mafdet

Sep 8, 2009, 2:21 PM
I work for att and we open sundays... 😕
MisterSuperSzar

Sep 8, 2009, 8:27 PM
Which department? Every time I call on Sundays (well I guess I haven't tried in about a month), they're closed! Maybe I'm calling the wrong 611. 😁
ccareatatt

Sep 9, 2009, 9:45 AM
Or you should listen carefully the IVR gives the after hours care number if you listen to it. 🙂
Decept.ICON

Sep 10, 2009, 9:07 AM
Call the actual support line. General customer service is definitely closed... Because most people are off on sundays and haver nothing better to do other than call their provider and bi#ch...
Mafdet

Sep 10, 2009, 9:33 AM
well i'm cust. care and we open sundays i actually come in at 6:00 am - 2:00 pm and the center doesn't close until 10:00pm, so maybe you guys are defenetly calling the wrong department, đŸ¤Ŗ
mist668

Sep 10, 2009, 5:17 PM
I called on sunday through 611 and the message stated you guys were closed.
Tomdg07

Sep 7, 2009, 10:41 PM
... If AT&T service ain't open Sunday I hope I still get paid for yesterday đŸ˜ŗ
NEPats726420

Sep 8, 2009, 6:55 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
nope, little did you know you were volunteering you r time
ollywolf

Sep 8, 2009, 8:50 AM
I hated At&t when I had them. I was so glad when my contract was up and I went to a different provider
bigyosky123

Sep 8, 2009, 4:48 PM
and who you with now ollywolf?
looksthatkill

Sep 9, 2009, 8:43 AM
While I've never had a problem with my coverage in my area, almost everything else has been a crappy experience. I hate calling into customer care, you tell them the problem, then silence, then "can I place you on hold" and then your on hold for the whole fricking call. The last time I called in, it was asking whether or not I needed a different data plan for my Eternity to use it as a modem, the rep actually told me, after being on hold for 5 minutes, that "she didn't know, but doesn't think so" If your not sure, look it up or transfer me!
Decept.ICON

Sep 10, 2009, 9:03 AM
Eternity= not a pda= not able to tether(use as a modem. This is an isolated incident that you have mentioned and doesn't carry weight as far as the discredit of the entire company. You are put on hold because there are numerous systems to check and the rep would rather not breathe in your ear for five minutes as they try to find a solution... Educate yourself on the product you purchased before criticizing someone else for not knowing about it...
Mafdet

Sep 10, 2009, 9:35 AM
true that... 🙂
wizardofCroz

Sep 10, 2009, 1:10 PM
Doesn't have to be a PDA in order to tether. An Eternity can tether with the rest of them. Little irony concerning the rest of your post...
Decept.ICON

Sep 10, 2009, 3:14 PM
No it can't... I have one unlocked...unbranded... It can't tether..
Decept.ICON

Sep 10, 2009, 3:16 PM
Also to tether on at&t's network a PDA device is required or you are going to get reemed on the data usage... 🙄
wizardofCroz

Sep 10, 2009, 5:04 PM
Yes..it..can. It's 60 dollars per month to have unlimited internet on the device, and 5GB on a laptop. You must have the plan attached to your account in order to tether.
shada123

Sep 9, 2009, 9:10 AM
I think that it deals with the area that you are located because i am from the middle of no where in missouri it was the best service in the area and then i moved to kansas and att did not have that great of service when i first moved out here.
ccareatatt

Sep 9, 2009, 9:47 AM
Just so you know in my Area CWA has written into our contract that Sunday is a mandatory day off so AT&T's hands are tied with that.
shada123

Sep 10, 2009, 8:42 AM
i work in a call center for att and we are open 24 7
Decept.ICON

Sep 10, 2009, 9:06 AM
If its a technical issue advanced technical support is available 24/7... They aren't open on sundays to avoid dealing with the dumb ass who wants to complain that he didn't know his daughter would send 30000000000000000000000000 text messages and he needs a billing credit. Lol.. Every one needs days off... Sunday is a Mandatory off day according to the CWA in most states...
Mafdet

Sep 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
☚ī¸ i wish we had that CWA thing here too.. ☚ī¸
Harrassment

Sep 10, 2009, 2:24 PM
of at&t and a t-mo employee, I am extremely satisfied with at&t I ask and receive with them. As an employee and also account carrier for t-mobile, I would shoot myself if I wasn't saving so much money with an empl disc. I would never go with verizon to pay just as much for so-so devices or sprint with lame employees and crazy bills that I've seen. I'm not really understanding why you dislike at&t so bad your reasons seem minimal.
mist668

Sep 10, 2009, 2:31 PM
I have an att 3 line account and have no problems, anytime. I also have a free phone through my regional gsm company I work for. I have seen more people upset over verizon charges then any other company out there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.