Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Random Question (are you surprised)

Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 3:59 PM
You all use computers at work right? How many of you use apple computers at work? Do you like them?
How many of you use Linux at work? What if all ya'll had to use Linux at work?
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 4:01 PM
I wish we used Macs or Linux PCs at work...we have these useless Wyse terminals that log us into a Windows Server.
Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 4:02 PM
I now have Opera 10 and it's so freaking fast it will blow your mind!
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 4:04 PM
And how does that have anything to do with the question? Opera is a browser that runs on Windows Mac, & Linux.....Sure its fast, but not as fast as a compiled in Linux version of Google Chrome...
Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 4:53 PM
Chrome is now for Linux? Dang
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 4:57 PM
Yes sir. its a development release but its by far faster then the windows version. I can only imagine how fast it will get on OS X once they get an official build.
Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 5:05 PM
eh, apple seems to be a communist as of late i.e. google voice (I can kind of understand) and banjo which would make the iphone battery last a lot longer, and countless others.
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 5:21 PM
Apple is very very picky about what they allow on their products, its hardly communism. I personally think Apples control over their products is a great idea, its part of the reason they are the only Computer maker that is still around from the dawn of the personal computer (IBM & HP do not count as they are more then computer companies, and have been since their start)
Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 5:24 PM
Linux is like the Methodist church, they allow everyone to contribute and it's free
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 5:33 PM
I think if you were to compare Linux to a religion, it would be more like Buddhism. Because linux wants everyone to come and make it better for everyone, and to share it with the world for free. Not a very methodist way of thinking, nothing against methodists.
Drunk

Sep 5, 2009, 6:27 PM
eh, I've never met one... of either or maybe I have and I don't know it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.