Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Snipers

IrishCarBomb

Aug 29, 2009, 8:49 AM
So I was killing some time on my day off yesterday, first one in 2 weeks, and happened to end up in a competitors store. After a couple minutes of polite convo about some of the phones, the sales person asked where I worked, told her, and went back to telling her why Android will be the future, and why I want a Touch Pro 2 so much more than the iPhone.

Shorten this up, I was offered a job, turns out she was the manager. Said they could use more people like myself, and pointed out she had secret shopped me a couple months earlier and that I did really well.

I was a little taken aback. I know I am good at my job, but seriously? She said I could start tomorrow if I wanted?! Any hours I wanted, and they would match my pay. I know my ...
(continues)
rigoni

Aug 29, 2009, 8:54 AM
I would have jumped on that, in more ways then one 😉
IrishCarBomb

Aug 29, 2009, 9:05 AM
Yeah, I make more money where I am at than I would there. Plus I have an amazing manager and co-workers. And lastly, I am engaged.

But I know many people, that would have been a perfect offer. Just not for me, even with the promise of matching what I am making, I know that would come up short. I work about 30 hours a week when averaged out, I go to school full time as well, and am on pace to clear 35k this without assuming it will be busier than it had been earlier in the year, and especially December.
ikissgirls

Aug 30, 2009, 2:37 PM
you should totally have asked her for her # ;)
Harrassment

Aug 30, 2009, 2:52 PM
IrishCarBomb said:
After a couple minutes of polite convo about some of the phones, the sales person asked where I worked, told her, and went back to telling her why Android will be the future, and why I want a Touch Pro 2 so much more than the iPhone.

Touch Pro 2 is not Android. Just In Case..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.