Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Customers & People Dying...

Cell Girl

Aug 19, 2009, 8:36 AM
I really cant deal with customers coming in and talking about how they're leaving to take care of someone whos about to pass, or people that come into the store wanting texts, or something from a close one that recently passed.

1. I dont know what to say. When they start to talk about it all I can say is "I am really sorry to hear that." And I just feel Akward. I try not to say anything. I feel like I cant even say "Have a nice day ma'am" because im afraid it would end up sounding like I dont care at all.

2. It makes me sad. I know its life, but when a 60 year old women comes in mourning the loss of her soul mate, crying, it gets to me. I know being in sales I need to be ready for everything, and Im not really emotional. But I guess I...
(continues)
Cellinovation

Aug 19, 2009, 9:48 AM
I know its not really easy. Just show them your care what their going through by going out of your way to try to help them. They really appreciate it, and will always remember it. There are few times as a sales person that we get the oportunity to make a profound impact on someone. This is one of those times.

If you want to be a life saver. Tell them to sign up for a google voice number. When they use the number to call into their voicemail (like logging in from a land line) they can record the voicemail as it plays by pressing 4. (at least I think its 4)

This will record the file into an MP3 and store it in their online account. From there they can download it and burn it just like any other MP3.
Cell Girl

Aug 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
Wow I didnt know that. Thank you!

I try to act as helpful as I can...I just dont know what to say at times...
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 19, 2009, 11:07 AM
thats literally the most empathetic and useful thing ive seen posted in this forum
well done
Mafdet

Aug 19, 2009, 11:09 AM
really?? i didn't know there was such feature what would you do to get it?
Cellinovation

Aug 19, 2009, 4:10 PM
Go to google.com/voice and drop your name and email in the box. the service is available by invitation only. So far its been taking between two days and a week for invites to be sent.
matonater

Aug 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
you can buy something from radioshack that will record the voicemail
BoredatSprint

Aug 19, 2009, 12:00 PM
...invested in stem cell research! ๐Ÿคฃ

Here's a free phone charger! Feel Bettah! ๐Ÿ™‚

It's an aggravation to have to deal with people who thrust their own problems onto you. Not to mention the people who are just lying for personal gain. ๐Ÿคจ
fullracecam

Aug 19, 2009, 1:24 PM
i had a customer who went in depth about ther father dying and after the grim details of his passing asked for text message detail and i had to inform her that it was aginst policy to give out that info. its really hard to say no to people like that, but when the guns to your head you got to do what you got to do.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.