Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Deductible!!

Crazy_rep

Aug 18, 2009, 12:33 PM
OK so i work for an insurance company for cell phones.

Me: If your claim is approved, you will have to pay your deductible. Do you want to file your claim?

Customer: Yes.

Me: Claim approved. Deductible for you blackberry 150 or your Motorola RZAR 50 or depending on the phone. Are you paying with credit card?

Customer: what!!?? i have to pay?? what do i have insurance for??? I pay every month!

ME: (thinking: are you kidding me! i told you at the beginning of the call, and what ? you expect to get a free phone! )
What i really say: There's a deductible with the cell phone insurance Sr. It's based on your phone. You can check you Service agreement.
pizzas not for breakfast

Aug 18, 2009, 12:38 PM
You should compare it to car insurance, you still have to pay some decutable if your car is wrecked in an accident. Even though you pay for insurance every month. lots of customers understand after that, you do get those people who complain after that, but they are just idiots.
Pious Goddess

Aug 18, 2009, 1:26 PM
I use that example a lot but I remember a customer telling me "Sweetie, those are two different things." I guess they think they get a free phone no matter what, then they cuss you out for the deductible prices. I always try to explain that you're not eligible for an upgrade right now and if we offered you another phone brand new you will pay this $$$$ compared to getting it at this $ from Asurion.
WZ_agent

Aug 20, 2009, 9:38 AM
well i was told yesterday by a customer she had the insurance with zero deductable. how do you explain to her shes wrong when shes SURE shes right
jeffatt

Aug 20, 2009, 10:01 AM
Tell her that all customers have a zero-deductible policy...if they don't want to file an insurance claim.
Crazy_rep

Aug 20, 2009, 10:07 AM
Well i work for an insurance company in NY and we do have deductibles. I just tell them read over your service agreement and coverage certificate. even if i tell them that is like car insurance they dont get it. They want free phones!.

(this i dont say to them)but If your paying for something, i think you should at least know what you are paying insurance for. They are too lazy to read a piece of paper that the store can give you about the insurance.
jazzybaby

Aug 20, 2009, 10:14 AM
omg thats exactly how i feel! people get a booklet with all terms and conditions and yell at you about everything because they didn't take the time to read it. they didn't know because no one told them! people are so lazy... whenever i pay for anything or i sign up for any service i make sure i know exactly everything it entails. UGGH people. 👿
Crazy_rep

Aug 20, 2009, 10:35 AM
So i just got a call and customer said: oh i have to pay? i thought it was free... i guess i will always get customers like this.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.