Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

so a customer comes in.....today

ecycled

Aug 17, 2009, 12:12 PM
Lady comes in saying her phone started to catch fire. Home charger is burnt black and charging port on phone is black too. I take the phone apart and the LDI is red. I tell her she needs to use her insurance b/c the phone is shorting out and liquid damaged. She says thats not possible she's only had the phone a few months. Storms out mad and swears she'll let her husband decide.

I know right, that is awesome!
kiki_kaluah

Aug 17, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm going to explode. ๐Ÿ‘€
BoredatSprint

Aug 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
I talked to a lady that burned her face because her phones battery overheated during a long call. I immediately put her on hold and laughed for about half an hour.

Thinking back on it I should have told her to switch sides occasionally for symmetry. ๐Ÿ™‚
Whitehores

Aug 17, 2009, 2:41 PM
laughing at people who burned themselves?

wait, seriously?
Nikon

Aug 17, 2009, 2:54 PM
are you kidding i'm laughing now
Whitehores

Aug 17, 2009, 2:54 PM
it takes a lot of work to be a horrible person, i guess im just too lazy for that.
BoredatSprint

Aug 17, 2009, 2:57 PM
Me ---------> ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
tmochicka24

Aug 17, 2009, 2:44 PM
You'd think that once it started to get hot she would PULL the phone away from her face??? ๐Ÿคจ
captainplooky

Aug 17, 2009, 1:52 PM
ecycled said:
I tell her she needs to use her insurance b/c the phone is shorting out and liquid damaged.

Liquid damage on a phone that's caught fire... how else should she have put out the fire?
Cellinovation

Aug 17, 2009, 4:13 PM
It was obviously plugged in to the wall. You don't EVER put out an electrical fire with water! ๐Ÿ˜•
BoredatSprint

Aug 17, 2009, 4:14 PM
I really have got to stop telling customers to do that.

๐Ÿ˜
Cellinovation

Aug 17, 2009, 4:17 PM
LOL. At least you will be entertained. ๐Ÿ˜‰
BoredatSprint

Aug 17, 2009, 4:26 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Heheheh ๐Ÿคฃ
ecycled

Aug 17, 2009, 6:58 PM
captainplooky said:

Liquid damage on a phone that's caught fire... how else should she have put out the fire?

lol I didn't even think of that. But I think water on an electrical fire is a bad idea, right?

But still she's like "thats impossible for this phone to get liquid damage. I've only had it for a few months". How does having a phone a few months make it impossible to get liquid in a phone?

$200 bucks I can get a phone wet in less than 30 seconds!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.