Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

How are you?

Cellinovation

Aug 15, 2009, 1:03 PM
Me: How are you today?
Customer: Just looking! (in a mean voice)
Me: Great, but I asked you how you are?
Customer: Im Just Looking (with nasty Look)
Me: That is what your doing, I asked you how you were. You know how your day is going.
Customer: Im not telling you! (yells loud)
me: I think you just did

Customer:......
me:......
Customer turns around and walks out.

WTF!
Nikon

Aug 15, 2009, 1:04 PM
whe they say I'M JUST LOOKING say WELL I'M JUST HELPING
Cellinovation

Aug 15, 2009, 1:09 PM
Here is a fun experiment. dress in plain clothes for the day. Stand where you can see your store/kiosk but not be in it. "wander" in and start looking at phones next to someone else.
Look at the phone in their hand and say. That looks like a cool one. What phone do you like best?
They start to carry on a conversation with you like your a customer. Then you can start stuff like, my contact is up and I just can't decide what to get. Usually they will mention something like me to. or Mine isn't up till Dec or something like that. Then you can transition them into a sale. It is really scarry how well it works.
genii

Aug 15, 2009, 1:25 PM
wow I really like this idea
ilovemyjob

Aug 15, 2009, 1:42 PM
All these threads on here I, I have noticed store reps being mean to customer's..now, I just have to ask.. Are you guys making this up or are you really rude like his?
PhonemanJ

Aug 15, 2009, 2:02 PM
As a store rep, I thnk about doing rude, crude, obnoxious, and socially unacceptable things to certain customers. When you have 3 people in one day come into your store with a "dead" phone and all you have to do is push and hold the power button to turm it on. Or as an ATT rep I hear "Where is the touch screen Blackberry?" (Verizon's Storm), and I imagine other companies hear "Where is the Iphone?". You hear questions like that enough, it crosses the line after a while and you just want to snap back after awhile.
ilovemyjob

Aug 15, 2009, 2:20 PM
But the question is, do you snap back at them? Have you ever had a customer leave because of your rudeness? Whenever I have gone into a verizon retail store, I've never had a problem with store reps..but maybe cuz I actually know a little bit about phones! lol
PhonemanJ

Aug 15, 2009, 3:50 PM
Personally, I try not to. The only time I am usually rude to a customer is if they they have gone ballistic. Even then, if they have a good reason to get upset, I will work with them and try to be as accomodating as possible. That is not to say that I haven't thought about doing or saying someting, but I try to filter these actions as much as possible.
Cellinovation

Aug 15, 2009, 3:58 PM
I don't know.... Do you think I was being mean. I was just trying to be nice to the guy, and he wasn't even going the give me the common courtesy to treat me like a human being. He came into my store, and treated me like I didn't belong there.
That would be like me walking into your home, rearranging your furniture and ignoring you the entire time. Then walking out like I had never been there.

People come into our stores and take things off pegs, move them to a peg on the other side of the store. They won't even tell us why they are there, or if they are looking for something. I for one am a little sick of being treated like I have a disease until the customer wants a bill credit, to yell about their bill, a free phone, or my favo...
(continues)
WorldSoCold

Aug 15, 2009, 5:10 PM
I've never been rude enough to a rude customer to have them leave on their own accord.. but i have had customers who were so irate with me that i had to ask them to leave, take a breath, and then come back in without being so irate. ....40% of the time it works... the other 60% of the time that p*sses them off even more.

but i dont like being screamed at over something that is out of my control.. so before i start screaming back, i ask them to leave and then return once they are done throwing their hissy fit.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.