Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

idots that use a phone while driving

Nadesico81

Aug 13, 2009, 2:12 AM
I work in the UK. Here it is AGINST the law to use a mobile phone and dirve a car. The law even bans the use of a handsfree device.

A friend of mine got pulled over by the Suffolk Police Constabulary for talking while driving and they hit him with a 150 pound fine and six points on his DL.

God knows I have seen my fair share id10ts drving while texting, talking etc. Last weekend I was on the M25 in London and some A-Hole in a BMW cut me off then slamed on the brakes. When I rolled down the window to flip him off the dude was texting on a N97 while he had a newspaper on the steering wheel. Lord knows the dudes going to warp his BMW around a treer someday.

The British NHS and the US NHTSA have concluded that people talking on a ph...
(continues)
tonicetou

Aug 13, 2009, 7:04 AM
I love when ppl call in and try to trouble shoot thier phone while driving. they talk on one phone and play with another in thier hands. they have kids in the car screaming. You can hear them complaining about the wanker that just cut them off. Ppl will not learn until it is too late..
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:05 AM
awwwwwwwe
wanker
you're trying to speak his language
that is f'n adorable đŸ˜ŗ
Nadesico81

Aug 13, 2009, 9:29 AM
You do know I am American? I just happen to work in the UK. Lord knows I picked up the stupid accent but only when im drunk.
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:36 AM
oh yeah i caught that
that's what made it funny
i've never even been to the UK and i speak with the accent when im drinking
tonicetou

Aug 13, 2009, 9:44 AM
alot of my from are form the UK.. i get is from them, and i say wanker all the time bc ppl here dont know what it means...
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:46 AM
grammatical errors aside......
wait....
what?
tonicetou

Aug 13, 2009, 9:51 AM
SORRy, alot of my friends are from the UK.. (i guess i cant listen to customers and type at the same time.. ) I have countless friends from the UK, one of them owns a bar and has served STING, he has pics of when he was there.. lol... the lingo rubs off on you..
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:56 AM
that is the coolest story ever
DO YOUR JOB
don't post on here while you're dealing with customers
tonicetou

Aug 13, 2009, 10:02 AM
nothing else to do with five minutes of auto in
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 10:18 AM
you said you were typing on here while talking to customers
retarded
MrGoofball

Aug 13, 2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah well some of us have to multi task we don't just have all day to sit here and whine that we don't have to do anything and we're bored and so we can pick fights with everyone under the sun on phonescoop.
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 11:15 AM
oh im sorry sweet spirit, did i hurt your feelings?
so...
you're whining about whining
and picking a fight about picking a fight
and claiming professionalism while admitting to posting on here while dealing with customers
AWESOME 😁
babyvaz

Aug 13, 2009, 12:37 PM
I laughed really hard. 😛
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 13, 2009, 9:04 AM
hehe
you talk funny đŸ˜ŗ
Nadesico81

Aug 14, 2009, 2:11 AM
Just wondering.....

When I sold phones in the USA for The Shack. No one could care less about texting and driving. Come to think about it people did not even like to text. VZW was giving away text packages for free and people could care less.

But now I work for Vodafone and they tell us if a custie askes us if its safe to talk and drive we must say NO and then offer to sell them a hands free device or speaker phone.

However with most UK cell networks if you miss a call whilst drving or what not your VM calls you back with the missed message.

It also helps that in the EU all in comeing calls are free. 🤤 🤤
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 14, 2009, 9:05 AM
all incoming calls?
man
they get all the good stuff across the pond ☚ī¸
im getting in my canoe and rowing over there this weekend
Researcher

Aug 14, 2009, 12:41 PM
What happens when a cop finds you driving while using you cell, then while following you he uses his police radio in the car? Really, ins't that the same thing?? 😕 😕

Years ago when every one had a CB radio the police tried to ban them while driving as a distraction. There were at least 2 cases, one in Florida, where in court the cop was questioned about how he reported it before he pulled the guy over. He said he called on his police radio. Then the motion was granted by the judge to throw the case out.

This is just the same thing.
love2transfercustomers

Aug 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
good point
NEPats726420

Aug 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
with the exception that they are trained to drive under those circumstances!!
Researcher

Aug 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hummmmm...

Would that be before or after donuts 101?
🙄
NEPats726420

Aug 14, 2009, 1:11 PM
maybe before

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.