Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

For anyone who has to deal with Walmart as a "Competitor"

cilvzwagent

Aug 8, 2009, 6:41 PM
And I use "Competitor" loosely, because we all know how much they don't know and/or do for their wireless customer base.

Just curious to hear how all my fellow sales reps, managers, etc.. try to convince their customers to spend the extra bucks and just buy from you directly.

I have personally had Walmart management come and purchase phones from me. I ask why they bought from us instead of their own store....their response is fairly close to a uniform "Those people are idiots."

My go to line is always "We pride ourselves in being wireless experts, the thing at Walmart is the same person you are handing over your sensitive financial information to for your credit check, and trusting your account to be set up correctly by, is the one...
(continues)
Verde321

Aug 9, 2009, 12:59 AM
Had a guy yesterday come in to have me fix his account for him because he has tried to add a line through walmart.

Instead of adding a line, they put it on a huge plan and coupled with proration their bill was about 300 higher than it should have been.

It's times like these I wish I could just say "I can fix it for next month, but you will have to pay that bill," because more than likely they will keep going back to Wally Mart to buy their phones then bringing it to me to fix. Just wishing I could tell them to go deal with the rep at walmart. le sigh
dxniel

Aug 9, 2009, 12:52 PM
you say wal mart activated since its been within thirty days only they can fix it lol
Verde321

Aug 9, 2009, 1:27 PM
Unfortunately our wal-mart has a clue and when anyone walks up to them to ask anything about att they send them straight to us.

Unless their buying a phone, they screw up first and then send em to us.
dxniel

Aug 9, 2009, 1:29 PM
got to suck my friend, u core or Authorized retailer?
Verde321

Aug 9, 2009, 1:43 PM
authorized retailer

The other day a woman came in after doing a 2 lines at walmart (upgrade and a new) asking for me to give her a new simcard. Walmart had somehow activated the wrong simcard on the addaline and wouldn't give her another one to fix it. She was on the phone with customer service and they told her to go get a free sim card from her local att to fix the problem.

I probably smiled a little to big when I told her that it would be 27.05 after tax. 🙂
jeffatt

Aug 10, 2009, 9:20 AM
THIS ftw
khrispii

Aug 9, 2009, 1:48 PM
I deal with this on a daily basis as a call center rep. I don't think I would have the patience to deal with those situations if I worked in a store. They would just be wasting my time I could be making sales. I would go off on someone. Kudos to you for continuing to put up with it. I just don't have the ability to "show I care" 🤣
Verde321

Aug 9, 2009, 2:06 PM
Oh, I make it quite obvious that I am not pleased with their decision to purchase at walmart and then come to me to have me call in and fix it.

I'll probably end up getting fired. ^_^ But we are short staffed already so...🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.