Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

IN CASE YOU WERE WOUNDERING... (HTC PRO2)

PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 2:25 PM
The HTC Pro2 is in Verizon warehouses and are ready to ship, just when is now the question
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 2:42 PM
How about at what price on a two year? What's the data cost? How many apps are available for it on launch? What are the dimensions in comparison to the Iphone? What is the screen size compared to the Iphone? What's the resolution compared to the Iphone?
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 2:49 PM
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro2/specificati ... »

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html »

So it's bigger and heavier, has less on board memory unless you shell out the extra for a high end 8-16gig memory card, and likely costs more to boot.
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 2:50 PM
16-32 gig.
Gadget Junky

Aug 5, 2009, 3:05 PM
Also a hardware keyboard, tilt screen, MMS and tethering capable, largest 3g network in the US, etc.

You must not be feeling well today, that's not up to your normal standard of fact fleshing. You ok?
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 3:07 PM
Iphone 3GS is capable of MMS. Tethering is being worked on and likely released this year. Largest 3G network? That's debatable.

You can get a hardware keyboard for an Iphone if you wanted one...
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 3:13 PM
Ping. I was just messing with you. I'm not an HTC hater, I was just trying to perk up some conversation. I'm a little leery of Winmo admittedly after having owned one for a year. I like my BB with exception to it's limitations that the Winmo doesn't seem to be hampered by. Too bad Microsoft can't get it's head out of it's ass and create a stable environment.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 3:39 PM
i figured as much, funny story though, im being forced to get a phone now, and the one im promoting on here isn't available, so im getting the BB Tour
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 3:46 PM
Is that VZWs version of the Javelin? Looks similar. I like my BB, but the lack of flash options gets a little old. It does pretty much everything else I could want. There's just a lot of sites it isn't compatible with.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 3:51 PM
no it has a flash, no Wi-fi.. but i think atts version will look the same, but with wi-fi
Gadget Junky

Aug 5, 2009, 4:02 PM
Not A flash, but flash support, in the web browser. And no, it still doesn't have it.

All I can say for that, is keep checking www.skyfire.com for BB updates.

I'm stuck with a Curve for now, and I can't wait for Skyfire to finally come out.
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 4:04 PM
Skyfire has been saying maybe to BB since it was first announced. Same with Adobe Flash-lite. Boo to both of them!
Gadget Junky

Aug 5, 2009, 4:00 PM
Is MMS supported yet? I thought that wasn't until October.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 2:50 PM
wrong questions.. the correct question is ....Do i give 2 flying f*cks about an Iphone? answer. I DONT GIVE A FLYING F*CK ABOUT A DAMN I PHONE!
cbarton

Aug 5, 2009, 2:52 PM
I think you ruined his boner with all your iPhone talk, Drunk.
cbarton

Aug 5, 2009, 2:53 PM
**Crapbag. Whoops.
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 2:53 PM
Of course you do. If you sell phones, it's costing you money.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 2:55 PM
no, in my area we don't have alot of leftwing homos whom LOVE the iphone, we have good signal with Verizon, then Sprint , then Att, so Iphone isn't that popular here, calm down
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 3:03 PM
I'm cool as a cucumber. So people in your part of the country pay a higher price or a phone with poorer performance? Lame.
SprintCC

Aug 5, 2009, 4:00 PM
I just don't understand why people feel the need to have the newest/greatest phone out there. I have a Blackberry curve and it does far more than I could really ask of a phone. Yes, I could go get the iPhone, Bold, or any of the other phones AT$T is offering, but I don't. Some people are different, that's fine. But I promise that fighting about whether the iphone 23gssw or the touch pro 11 is a better phone isn't really needed. They're all amazing phones. They can all do more than my first laptop could do, for a fraction of the price.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 4:17 PM
true

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.