Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

No more Pyrimid schemers

AVANESS

Aug 1, 2009, 9:00 PM
I just love when they come up acting like they want a phone, and it just so happens that is when you are absolutly on fire because they are asking all the right questions.

Then when it comes down to crunch time, they say,

"now that you have told be a little bit about your business, let me tell you about mine.....

How would you like to be your own boss?

Unlimited income."

Blah, blah, blah It is a complete waste of my time, nevertheless I am still nice because they are eligible for upgrade. But they want to come back and harrass me to give them money.

Do I really need a "no soliciting " sign?
Verde321

Aug 2, 2009, 12:05 AM
We don't get many people like that but we have people come in every day asking for a donation for some kind of benefit.

We also have these two kids that come in every other week selling chocolate suckers for a dollar. :\
SprintIndie08

Aug 3, 2009, 10:57 AM
We get everything from Chinese missionaries selling jewelry, young kids selling knockoff chocolate turtles, deaf folks selling stickers, to the pyramid schemes.

I'm generally tolerant of the majority of those except the pyramid scheme people. I'll usually ask them question after question when they jump on their spill. Assuming I'm not actually busy.

SI08
ATnT Nokia

Aug 3, 2009, 12:42 PM
AVANESS said:
I just love when they come up acting like they want a phone, and it just so happens that is when you are absolutly on fire because they are asking all the right questions.

Then when it comes down to crunch time, they say,

"now that you have told be a little bit about your business, let me tell you about mine.....

How would you like to be your own boss?

Unlimited income."

Blah, blah, blah It is a complete waste of my time, nevertheless I am still nice because they are eligible for upgrade. But they want to come back and harrass me to give them money.

Do I really need a "no soliciting " sign?

Oh no! The Mary Kay recruiting bots are after YOU too!!!!! EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!
Mr. Brown

Aug 3, 2009, 8:21 PM
We do totally need a NO SOLICITING sign haha.

Hey but i did actually have two people coming up today trying to recruit me.

I love primeAmerica and those video phones!!
PhonemanJ

Aug 4, 2009, 5:03 PM
We get hit by Amway people all the time. You can always tell them though. All you have to do is ask them what company do they sell. If they will not tell you, it is Amway. For some reason they will not tell you the company's name until they sit down with you and give you their speil.
NEPats726420

Aug 4, 2009, 6:14 PM
i just tell them im horrible at sales, im just here for the hourly, that usually works
prizbilla_babykilla

Aug 4, 2009, 7:03 PM
i had a guy come in who bought a blackberry from me come in after and try to get me to join what he calls, "a network marketing juice and health company"... yeah

we also get guys selling cologne. they always come in and ask the same thing, "You like smelling good for the ladies, right? (in a slightly hood, but really they are middle class white guy accent.)" i usually just say no, and tell them that i'm at work OR if they get a phone, i'll get some cologne. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.