Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

Living in the stone ages......................

ihatestupidppl

Jul 18, 2009, 7:19 PM
I had a guy ask me if there are any payphones in this mall..... WTF! I havent seen payphones since like the early 2000s! At least not in my area. Then another guy asks if we have a phonebook!? Its called google people! We are almost in the year 2010! Pull youre asse$ out of the 90s and embrace technology! If you dont want to, go crawl back in the freakin hole you came out of! I hate ignorant people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20momof3

Jul 18, 2009, 7:51 PM
Wait a second...you're calling people ignorant because they don't use the internet for everything? You're calling people ignorant because not everyone carries a wireless phone with them? In my opinion you're the ignorant one because you're making those types of judgements on people. Niave, maybe...but these people being ignorant, I don't think so. How can people be expected to "embrace" technology if the people who are supposed to educate these new consumers on it are bitching because of "ignorance?"

Have a nice day.
genii

Jul 18, 2009, 8:15 PM
Shop talk is a place to rant dude. The sad part which kind of proves ihatestupidpeople's point is that these individuals not only have to use the payphones because they dont have cells, but they are too ignorant to use the mall directory to find the damn things.
20momof3

Jul 19, 2009, 12:02 AM
Yes, I do feel better, actually. I get your point, but I'm still entitled to my opinion just like everyone else is. Not preventing anyone from having their opinion...just sharing mine too.
angelsftw2007

Jul 19, 2009, 2:08 PM
So.... Within our wonderful little rant, has anybody noticed that we're ALL ignorant... There are ppl out there that don't care for the technology and how's its consumed the world, & the other spectrum that has embraced all most TOO much of the possibility...

The purpose of the kiosk's and stores are to educate the lesser knowledgable or to upgrade the higher brain celled ppl. SO DO YOUR JOB!!!

The purposes of the call centers is do the same as the stores but over the phone, so again DO YOUR JOB!!!

YES we get on here to rant, rave, vent and rage for the lesser knowledgable and even for the higher brain celled customers. Groovy, everyone feels better bc they got to do so. But is it really necessary to put down ppl bc of their opinion...
(continues)
MisterSuperSzar

Jul 24, 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, anybody asking for a payphone clearly is in need of a cell phone! Next time, use that as an opportunity to make a sale, not complain about their ignorance. There is opportunity in every person that walks by you.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:28 PM
Someone is finally makin sense on this damn website! Thanks genii
ihatestupidppl

Jul 24, 2009, 8:43 PM
For your information it is ignorance! Its not my freakin problem if people choose to be ignorant! Everyone has the same oppertunities and resources! I live an an area where technology is apart of of peoples everyday lives. So I dont know where live and it may be a different story. Like I said its almost
2010 and I am willing to educate open minded people who are willing to learn. So mabey you should crawl back in the hole you crawled out of. Have a nice fuc$!k day!
Webb

Jul 24, 2009, 10:49 PM
ihatestupidppl said:
Everyone has the same oppertunities and resources!

You're living in some kind of attempt at a Utopian commune?
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
No just a weathly community of CA
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 2:12 PM
Ah. Then I take it back. There's a good chance you really ARE surrounded by ignorant people, on a good many levels.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:23 PM
No actually well eduacated people who have graduated from Ivy league colleges who make over six figures a year. But yes we do get the complete dumb housewives here and there milking their child support and divorce settlemants.
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 2:58 PM
Heh. I've met some awfully pig ignorant six figure Ivy Leaguers, particularly among wealthy California exurbs.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 3:43 PM
If im making six figures or more a year I dont care what anyone calls me or thinks of me. Because money and success is all that matters to me.
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 3:44 PM
Sad.
fer712

Jul 25, 2009, 1:26 PM
dude just shut the effffin up your making your self look like a total d-bag
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:39 PM
Nope if you dont like it then dont read my post. Its people like you that make me soooo famous! HAHAHAHA
FrankOMCGee

Jul 25, 2009, 2:40 PM
you should embrace stupid people, they are how your moneys made.
fer712

Jul 25, 2009, 3:04 PM
🤣
AVANESS

Jul 18, 2009, 9:09 PM
I have to agree with 20momof3.

I know way more about technology than the average person and I have an I phone. But there is a phonebook underneath my coffee table. And I use it.

And my cell phone stays off when Im at the mall with my family.

BY THE WAY!

The pay phone in that mall is right outside the SEE'S candy.
20momof3

Jul 19, 2009, 12:03 AM
*HIGH FIVE*
ihatestupidppl

Jul 24, 2009, 8:36 PM
Not in the nice mall! They took all of them out!
ihatestupidppl

Jul 24, 2009, 9:02 PM
If you have an iphone you have no reason to use a phonebook. You amaze me.
Webb

Jul 24, 2009, 10:44 PM
How about an iPhone with a dead battery?

How about a broken iPhone?

How about an iPhone that you can't find?

How about if you're in a place with weak signal and you're getting right tired of retrying that website?

How about an iPhone that just happens to be hampered by an outage in the cell site which services one's present locality?

How about if you HAD an iPhone, but it's no longer with you on account that an intrepid young fellow on the street grabbed it and ran?

All of these would seem to be reasons to use a phone book despite owning an iPhone.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:27 PM
I would find a wifi zone or find someone else with a device that has internet with a different carrier. But I understand waht your saying. But where I live that never happens.
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 1:54 PM
Sounds like the kind of place that would be hilarious under any protracted power failure.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:26 PM
Thats why I have many back up power generators at my house 🙂
Webb

Jul 24, 2009, 10:36 PM
Why? A hard line will always more reliable than a wireless phone, and if you only occasionally make calls while out and about, payphones (where they still exist) just might be a more economical option. And when that nifty little 21st century gadget someone trendy such as yourself might have sold me decides it's going to take a dump... well, I tend to be glad to find that there's still payphones.

And while Google is certainly a handy tool to have, there remains the matter of having it ACCESSIBLE. No problem if you're at your computer, but when you're on the road, it's easier (and often cheaper) to find a phone book than it is to find a publicly accessible internet terminal. Why yes, as you are bound to point, we can get a laptop, or a PDA ...
(continues)
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:33 PM
I dont give a damn what anyone thinks of me first off. This is my belief on the matter. If someone dosent like it too bad. I was raised around people in the telecommuincations and computers field so it is hard for me to understand what it would be like to not have technology. All im saying is for people who do live in the stone ages they are going to have a very hard time in the coming 50 years and beyond. By the way 30 bucks for internet isnt all that bad. But you are intitled to your beliefs and so am I. Embrace technology and have a nice day.
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 2:11 PM
The way you've described your community, I suppose it's realistic that everyone can afford that... though some of their debt-loads will probably be hilarious to scrutinize. Likely a good many of them, particularly post real estate bubble, could use to cut $30.00 per month here and there.

Me, I need no coaxing to embrace technology. I'm pretty good with it, from the flint and steel on up to this fancy schmancy demon box I'm presently composing this message on. I just tend to be concious of its limitations and vulnerabilities. And for the moment, a lot of us who dwell in the real world, all too often we have better things to spend $30.00 per month on, on top of equipment costs and such.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 2:24 PM
To each his own............
llama

Jul 25, 2009, 7:26 AM
you need to get a different job. Obviously, cell phone sales & service (or any public contact) just isn't your thing.
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 9:20 AM
He does seem very, very angry.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
Haha because I am and I love everyday of it!
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
I know I agree with you but being my age and the way the ecomomy is going, its difficult. Someday..........
Webb

Jul 25, 2009, 1:54 PM
Point. 😛
JaydenW

Jul 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
We have a stack of phone books sitting in our store for people to take.
ihatestupidppl

Jul 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
Like I said in my area they are close to non-existant.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.