Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Go ahead.....make may day.....

SneakyRebelNinja

Jul 18, 2009, 6:46 PM
A man came in to pay his daughter's bill with his credit card. Because I work indirect, I am only able to take cash. That didn't bug him so much. He asked to know what the amount was anyway, so I looked it up in our payment program and told him. The total due to the account showed as $200-something dollars, and he flipped out. I didn't blame him, and agreed that the amount was most likely too high. I then tried to access the account through the activation program to see why it was so high, but I was locked out, and had to refer him to a corporate store. His wife comes in a couple days ago, and begins yelling at me that the guy at the corporate store told them the bill was only $60, which it is every month. She used this to draw the conclusio...
(continues)
Lanae

Jul 18, 2009, 7:06 PM
Lol! Had something like this happen to me once, customer got scammed or something from buying online and when I had the heart to try and help them with the account and was unable to do every single little thing to make their life easier. They freaked on me and threatened to do the same thing yours did. Like report me to the Better Business Bureau and tell all their friends how I scammed them. Even though I never set them up, was just trying to help.

Never-the-less, I learned my lesson...no more Ms. Nice Girl
SneakyRebelNinja

Jul 18, 2009, 7:09 PM
That's my next favorite to lawsuit threats is the BBB threats. How dare I exhaust all my options to assist you, even if I do a few things I'm technically not supposed to. I should be reported. TWICE even.
khrispii

Jul 18, 2009, 7:42 PM
I love when people call over the phone and claim that they are going to report the company to the BBB and they will have their lawyer get them out of the contract. HA BBB doesn't handle corporations the last I heard and the contract is pretty much solid. But I say have fun.
vzwcorpagent

Jul 19, 2009, 3:55 PM
I know where I work in Verizon they take those BBB claims pretty seriously, like someone from the company actually reads them and follows up on it, and buddy those dern FCC claims are really bad, the FCC actually sends us a letter about the customer and everything.
Gadget Junky

Jul 19, 2009, 9:01 AM
I like informing them that the BBB actually doesn't do anything, no matter how many complaints are logged for any particular company, and they have no authority, or influence, over how my company does business, and I will be more than happy to dial the number for them if they know what it is.

They usually just storm off in a huff that way, with the other 20 people in the store staring at them like they're an idiot. 🤣
20momof3

Jul 18, 2009, 7:52 PM
We get pretty lucky because if anyone we talk to (work in a call center) mentions press or legal actions, by policy we are supposed to disconnect the call. 😁
SneakyRebelNinja

Jul 20, 2009, 12:14 PM
If only I were so lucky... ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.