Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Copy contacts on AT&T Razr V3 without a screen

jeffatt

Jul 8, 2009, 4:59 PM
What's the key sequence? I have a customer who left me their phone and wants the contacts. Been searching the web and trying a few things but I can't find anything that works.

We don't have a Motorola PhoneTools in stock or that would be an option.
jeffatt

Jul 8, 2009, 5:00 PM
I should add that I've verified that the SIM in the phone currently is empty and we are trying to copy phone to SIM.
AVANESS

Jul 8, 2009, 5:07 PM
Awwww. Dont stress. unless you are really gonna gewt something out of it. I to try really hard to help customers with situations like this.

The best thing I came up with is grab another one from your inventory and mirror your actions. Or google it. The problem with googling it is that the instructions sort of require the screen. Otherwise tell them you cannot do it. Most of the time they will underestand. haha
jeffatt

Jul 8, 2009, 5:14 PM
The guy is somewhat of a regular so I feel somewhat "obligated" to do it. He knows my efforts might be futile, but it's still worth a shot.

I'm not really stressed about it, but he wants them bad enough that he used the classic "I use it for business" line and I don't think he would do something like that if he didn't have to.

Still googling, but in the meantime could use some help!
ac4321

Jul 8, 2009, 11:04 PM
Do you guys use cellebrite, the little box that transfers contacts?

We use them at my work's stores (Sprint). For most phones, including the CDMA V3, we just plug it in and it reads then transfers to whatever phone is on the other side.

If you guys don't have that or a spare AT&T V3, one option would be for him to go to a Sprint store and see if they'll do it for a small tip. If an AT&T/Verizon/Tmo customer walked in and needed it and had a $5 in their hand I'd be more than happy to help them out with what I'd otherwise be doing anyway.
😈
Decept.ICON

Jul 8, 2009, 5:21 PM
menu button top left key
up one to contacts and select
down four to copy all...
jeffatt

Jul 8, 2009, 5:31 PM
Didn't work. That doesn't sound right, either. The icon for the address book defaults to one spot directly below the middle so it should start out.

menu button > down 1 > (other steps)
Decept.ICON

Jul 8, 2009, 5:43 PM
No... on the v3s its at the top...
jeffatt

Jul 8, 2009, 5:37 PM
I apologize, that may be the correct way to start into it, I was looking at device tutorials on AT&T's website and it's phone looks that way.

However, there still isn't enough detail in your answer for me to get anything done. Keep in mind that I can't see the screen so it has to be pretty much step-by-step. There's not any way to "figure something out" once a certain screen is gotten to.
Decept.ICON

Jul 8, 2009, 5:41 PM
dood menu button...
press the up key once to get to the contacts...
select it....
You fourth selection down is copy all contacts...
then your second selection will be phone to sim...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.