Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Question for ATT independent retailers about iphone

maverick218

Jun 27, 2009, 11:05 AM
I was wondering if any independent retailers for ATT would share ideas on how they are getting around not being able to sell the iphone. It kills us- we miss about 15 sales/month.
Thanks
a_elyse

Jun 27, 2009, 11:27 AM
we determine if they really want the iphone or if they're just buying into the hype.

if they're open to hearing other options, i tell them about blackberry and blackberry app world.

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

some people dont realize the $30 data plan is required and they back off the iphone.
Decept.ICON

Jun 27, 2009, 5:05 PM
a_elyse has good points. From my experience it's just about making sure the customer is fully educated... However that device is in a realm of it's own.. In most cases flipping the customer from that device to another will lead to a return... So again educate them. Find out what there needs are... Learn why they want that device. See if you have a better alternative for their needs... That's all there is. Don't feel bad about it. There are many people that won't even listen to what you are saying about the device.. They fell in love with the hype. Just remind them it's not insurable... the data is costly and the device is fragile..
HenaT

Jun 29, 2009, 9:33 AM
Keep telling them about all the downsides and then magnify that downside and keep magnifying. Or you can just show them how even you don't own an iPhone because (state downsides again) lmao
its about what you want to tell them, not what they want. and the blackthing scenario you mentioned is the perfect way. "you dont want the iphone because (reason here), but the blackberry (solution to iphones reason)"
CLOSED!
ATnT Nokia

Jun 29, 2009, 2:25 PM
HenaT said:
its about what you want to tell them, not what they want.

If you told me what you wanted to tell me instead of actually paying attention to what I need as a customer, I would walk out of your store and report you for poor customer service.

Good sales folks ALWAYS listen to their customers' needs and offer advice and suggestions BASED on those needs. Sometimes you get a sale, and sometimes not. You can't please everyone, but if you at least listen and base your advice off of what they need, then you'll go far.
HenaT

Jun 29, 2009, 3:11 PM
Salespeople = actors
Its about what the salesperson makes the customer feel they want. Help them, absolutely, never treat a customer bad, but let's say you don't have the exact phone they want, just sell them a different phone that can do the same thing, that way they will be happy, its a whole different story when you work a commission only job. Its not just making customers happy. Its about making them happy and making your money at the same time.
texaswireless

Jun 29, 2009, 12:13 PM
Sell them a no contract plan and the text package (if they are going to get text). Keep an ample supply of iPhone accessories and offer them at say 30% off. AT&T and Best Buy don't discount their iPhone accessories so it is worth their time for the discount as iPhone accessories are NOT cheap. If they are a typical iPhone buyer they usually add $100 worth of accessories anyways.
texaswireless

Jun 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
And dont forget to send them to a best buy instead of a corporate store. They can get Best Buy rewards for their purchase there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.