Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

same team? Call Center - Corp Store - Indirect

Outside the norm

Jun 26, 2009, 4:19 PM
I haven't posted on here in so long i forgot my password. But i have read nearly every post for the past 4 years. I have worked in Corp world, Call Center, and indirect. What I don't get it the hostility between the 3. Why cant we all be on the same page. Indirects can only do so much, not because they don't want to, but because corp wont let them. Corp stores can do alot more than indirects and must assume that if they can everyone should be able to do it too. Call centers seem to be to weak to tell the cust NO! But then, why should they? they send the customer into Corp stores and indirects all the time for things that the cust was probably already told he couldn't do. Thats why he called in. So now the stores "Lied" to them. If you aren't...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Jun 26, 2009, 7:38 PM
I concur...
cilvzwagent

Jun 26, 2009, 8:01 PM
Okay, so I decided I'd post more.....

The main thing that grinds my gears between Indirect and Corporate and Call Centers.... Is there is a few things they need to get through their tough heads.

1 - We (atleast the company I work for) buy most of our equipment through VZW directly. So if you want to get technical, we are your customer... So "Never Stop Working" for me too, okay?

2 - If you remove the number of activations that come through the indirect channel annually, I'm willing to bet 30% or better of the call center reps would be still standing in the unemployment line, because VZW's activations would be down. Not many customers appreciate the automated "Welcome to the DMV, Please Sign In and Take a Number" environment.

(continues)
kentbrockman

Jun 27, 2009, 9:17 AM
I totally agree....
Tmo Slave

Jun 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
I think the problem is laziness on the part of reps. It happens in all channels. You get the rep in CC who just doesn't want to help the customer so they send them into a store for some BS reason like replacing the sim card instead of just ordering a warranty exchange. Indirects is a cut throat business and sometimes have to resort to less than stellar business practices to stay open. I don't for see certain things ever changing because of the one constant variable, people.
GraGG

Jun 27, 2009, 2:19 PM
your post sounds good, but cmon, anyone else who carries the same product i carry, is competition... plain and simple... so if you wanna hug and make nice, do it somewhere else 🙄
20momof3

Jun 27, 2009, 3:02 PM
Here's my opinion on this whole topic. I know there are reps in every channel for every company who are very capable of doing what it is that their job title entails, and I'm sure much more than that...however, there are also reps who aren't capable, or don't want to do it or whatever. But when I take calls daily from customer care calling ME to check on the status of an upgrade that I can't look up because I have no account access, that's not my problem and I'm only going to be as nice as policy requires me to be. I'm sorry that you didn't want to look it up in the system or that you didn't want to check with a sup or a resource, but when you're going to get an attitude with me for not being able to check something that we consistently c...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.