Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Music in your stores

kentbrockman

Jun 25, 2009, 5:12 PM
Just wanted to take a poll of what kind of music everyone listens to at work. We used to listen a generic Classic Rock internet radio station but my owner decided that it was "not condusive to buying" So he has installed I-tunes at all of our stores along with about 400 songs off his Ipod-- Including Classics like Terrence Trent D'arby, Oingo Boingo, B-52's, Not one but 2 Falco songs. Every song Jimmy Buffet has ever written. Does anyone else have to be tourtured like this at their job?
Menno

Jun 25, 2009, 5:13 PM
Rock me Amadaus?

We have dish in our store, so we have Sirus Satellite radio if we want to listen to something instead of watching someone
Krantros

Jun 25, 2009, 5:40 PM
He have the "Worst hits of the 80's!" Our station rickrolls us at least twice a day. I swear, if I hear "never gonna give you up..." one more time im gonna break the speakers XD
Menno

Jun 25, 2009, 5:48 PM
Chocolate Rain!
red_alt

Jun 25, 2009, 6:48 PM
All of those past thread responses sound 1000% better than having to listen to the same 5 songs abercrombie and fitch have blaring all day.... oh how working in a mall kiosk sucks
HenaT

Jun 26, 2009, 10:45 AM
Working at a mall... There is no harsher suffering than listening to the jungle rides sing all day... these fluffy animals that every single little kid loves to ride for $5! it sings the most annoying kiddie songs on the planet, and all the sound is warped!
mist668

Jun 26, 2009, 3:36 PM
I hear ya man I'm right in front of hollister and they havent changed their cd in 3 months.
kentbrockman

Jun 25, 2009, 6:24 PM
Yes and another song titled One Night in Bangkok!!!!
AVANESS

Jun 25, 2009, 6:38 PM
Im in a kiosk and there is an eyebrow place next to me where they have a demo dvd on loop and it plays one coldplay song over and over.
w1ndex

Jun 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
We are allowed to listen to what ever we choose. When I'm working, I listen to country 🙂
Cellinovation

Jun 26, 2009, 5:00 PM
Unless your store owner pays ASCAP and BMI royalties he is in violation of the law.
Any public transmission of music without paying for royalty rights to do so is illegal. If you really want to stop it, drop a hint to ASCAP or BMI and watch the magic.

Im not saying I condone this, Im just giving you suggestions: 😁
Outside the norm

Jun 27, 2009, 9:21 AM
As an indirect store, we have tried all sorts of music to "increase" sales. Verizon gives us a dvd to loop in our laptop so customers can see a video about an aircard. It runs through out the day. but in the back ground, we havent noticed a change in sales from any type of music playing. It doesnt matter if its rap, rock or country. As long as its not to loud, or the store isnt too quiet.
Cellinovation

Jun 27, 2009, 2:30 PM
Thats because if you play music for your customers you will constantly be alienating another customer. What one likes, another hates.

Play something that puts your reps in a good mood. Their selling skills will be more on target. The music will need to be louder than in an elevator, but you will still need to be able to comfortably talk over it, and hear it without straining the conversation. Its not the music, its your reps!
maverick218

Jun 27, 2009, 11:01 AM
We sell XM, so we pretty much play channels that are pretty middle of the road and won't offend anyone like the 70's, 80's, the blend (a/c), "the bridge" (mellow rock), "the message" (cont. christian),etc.
Tmo Slave

Jun 27, 2009, 12:11 PM
We have crappy muzaq playing with all the hits of late 90s early 00s. It sucks but we set up a stero bt speakers which we play music on. So its not too bad.
NEPats726420

Jun 27, 2009, 3:03 PM
does your muzak player have audio inputs in the back, i know ours did and you can just plug in someones ipod, thats what we used to do when i worked for tmob
SprintBGN

Jun 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
thye just blocked our radio access

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.