Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Zip Code

Boredvzwrep

Jun 20, 2009, 10:32 AM
Trying to help a customer make a payment over the phone that they are perfectly capable of making even from their own handset.

"Ma'am can I please have your billing zip code?"

"Yeah its 4591 blah blah blah street"

"ok......and the zip code?"
Drayton30

Jun 20, 2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe half my customers know their own phone number!
Drunk

Jun 20, 2009, 11:10 AM
That's because its all part of Corporate America, they are brainwashing everyone
Boredvzwrep

Jun 20, 2009, 11:29 AM
Its kind of ridiculous. I mean what do those people tell their friends when they ask for their number.

And ontop of it they get upset when you need the number to look up the account. I dont think most customers realize that if we could do what they wanted us to do fraud and account hacking would be taking place like crazy. Do you really want anyone who can come in and say their first and last name is the same as yours to look up the account? Because that is what you are telling me when you say you shouldnt have to know your own cell phone number.
NEPats726420

Jun 20, 2009, 3:21 PM
when i worked for tmob i wouldnt help them if they didnt know there own #, figure it out and come back later
SprintBGN

Jun 20, 2009, 3:31 PM
one at MetroPCS knows their own numbers
NEPats726420

Jun 20, 2009, 4:35 PM
you work at metro right?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.