Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Buzzirk Wireless Scam or Fact?

INSURANCERIPOFF

Jun 16, 2009, 12:46 PM
OK, I've been browsing the net and I found this "New Carrier" that is supposed to start services on July 1st 2009.
The company is called Buzzirk (Wireless/Mobile) and it's supposed to be a Broadband VoIp Mobile company offering an unbelievable array of services (I really believe this is a scam) Here is a part of the text I found on one of many (more than 100) websites announcing this new carrier:

"Get ready mobile phone users, the mobile phone industry is getting ready to be turned upside down. Launching July 1st there will be a brand new sheriff in town, and we here at Buzzirk Mobile and Zero1 need qualified representatives to help us with our launch! Get prepared for the masses and huge profits. Cell phone services are going out the do...
(continues)
AVANESS

Jun 16, 2009, 1:55 PM
Yea ive seen this too... I googled it and there is nothing that proves this is correct.

Dont you think we would know if something like this was going on. 5G woah! C mon.

I emailed a contact from this company and he sent me back a link to an audio file that sounded like a conference call.

the guy who was talking was trying to explain exactly what it was, but he just kept talking in circles. You know... one of those speeches scam artists give that incompotent people eat up.

I got pissed of just listening to it.
Cellinovation

Jun 16, 2009, 5:31 PM
Lets see 5G wireless? What? 4G is barly ratified as a standard, and there isn't even a special interest group working on a 5G standard yet!

Bluetooth PAN to make your house a hotspot. They have to be on crack. you can barely run one computer on Bluetooth.

HD TV out on a cell phone?

3way calling with up to 6 people. (ummm... that'd be called conference calling)

Video Calling on your cell phone. (this would have been a big deal already)

No taxes!?? It won't be long before that gets shut down. Unless they use unlicenced frequency, they are required to charge and donate to the USF fund, as well as state taxes.
Cellinovation

Jun 16, 2009, 5:34 PM
Im Pretty sure its a scam. That or someone with a little too much money is trying to play "business" and doesn't know what their doing.
Bizguy

Jul 20, 2009, 9:31 AM
Everyone must realize that when people don't understand or experience something, especially anything on the internet, they are quick to announce a scam. Honestly, I've been involved in a scam, and I can understand why people are inclined to think that.

I do my best to rely on outside party sources that are trustworthy.

Buzzirk Wireless has a couple of examples of what they are saying and third party sources to back it up. Laptop Magazine has an actual video that shows a true comparison (you actually see all three phones at the same time) when it comes to the downloading speed claim.

Here are a couple of third party articles that I found when researching - you be the judge!!

http://bradstoller.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/mob »...
(continues)
WZ_agent

Jul 21, 2009, 9:08 AM
i am sure in no way are you paid by buzzirk. just as i am sure you back up their claims of "5g" tech. 🙄 oh, and by the way, next time try taking a little capital and put it into making your website into something that doesnt look like a redirected search engine page.
WZ_agent

Jul 22, 2009, 4:59 PM
zboyd989

Jul 22, 2009, 5:04 PM
Doubts Raised Over Validity of Zer01's Business Model
Yesterday, 2:57 PM by Eric M. Zeman

A new investigative report by IDG News Service casts doubts on the progress of mobile virtual network enabler Zer01 launching service, on the viability of its technology and business model, and on the ethics and backgrounds of its executives. Zer01 Mobile initially announced plans to offer unlimited national wireless voice and data service for $70, using the networks of unidentified GSM carrier partners. Now they are partnered with a company called Global Verge, marketing the service under the Buzzirk brand. AT&T and T-Mobile both deny working with Zer01, and no other carriers would offer the national GSM footprint Zer01 is claiming. Zer01 claim...
(continues)
matonater

Jul 21, 2009, 2:23 PM
Doubts Raised Over Validity of Zer01's Business Model

Today, 1:57 PM by Eric M. Zeman

A new investigative report by IDG News Service casts doubts on the progress of mobile virtual network enabler Zer01 launching service, on the viability of its technology and business model, and on the ethics and backgrounds of its executives. Zer01 Mobile initially announced plans to offer unlimited national wireless voice and data service for $70, using the networks of unidentified GSM carrier partners. Now they are partnered with a company called Global Verge, marketing the service under the Buzzirk brand. AT&T and T-Mobile both deny working with Zer01, and no other carriers would offer the national GSM footprint Zer01 is claiming. Zer01 claims ...
(continues)
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 21, 2009, 2:57 PM
I originally read that you have to supply your own smart phone. Now they have their own phones coming in weeks? Also they only were offering unl Data and Voice. Now its HD movies in 4 Minutes and unl TXT DATA and TALK?

I smell BULL$HIT!!!

And if their "patented technology" uses broadband how are they gonna send text to other carriers W/O incuuring data charges for the person receiving. In fact how would they receive at all?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.