Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

TMO to VZW

AVANESS

Jun 8, 2009, 8:39 PM
Has any rep on here made the switch from t mobile to verizon. I really live selling t mobile. I honestly believe that it is the best deal. But every night when I walk out to my car. I cant help but notice that all the vzw reps are getting into chargers and infiniti s. While Im squeezing into my 95 corolla. Do they really make that much more. BTW I amm a really good sales rep. My numbers are as good as anyone else in my district.
Burger Time

Jun 8, 2009, 9:32 PM
AVANESS said:
Has any rep on here made the switch from t mobile to verizon. I really live selling t mobile. I honestly believe that it is the best deal. But every night when I walk out to my car. I cant help but notice that all the vzw reps are getting into chargers and infiniti s. While Im squeezing into my 95 corolla. Do they really make that much more. BTW I amm a really good sales rep. My numbers are as good as anyone else in my district.

They are probably living paycheck to paycheck because of those infinities and chargers. Verizon pays about the same as the others.
Mr. Brown

Jun 10, 2009, 8:05 PM
You aint got no corolla, you gots one of them GEO's dont lie.
CAS8586

Jun 14, 2009, 3:49 PM
🤣 ....a pink geo metro with hella stickers
AVANESS

Jun 15, 2009, 1:28 PM
come on Mr brown. its got a corolla engine. and its lavender, a@@ho@e.
Tmo Slave

Jun 8, 2009, 10:44 PM
I work for T-mobile and knew a guy who worked for verizon. He said he made a little more but his employee perks like health insurance weren't as good. So its a trade off.

Those guys are living paycheck to paycheck because they are driving nice cars. You could do the same still working for T-mobile you just have to have good credit.
llama

Jun 11, 2009, 8:13 AM
I gotta fall in line with the others here. TMO/VZW pay is pretty much the same...depending on what/how much you sell.

I've worked for both. I think I liked the TMO culture just a tad bit more...a little more bold.

The VZW culture creates the "holier than thou" type of attitude. Stick with your Toyota, in the long run you'll come out ahead.
AVANESS

Jun 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, because I am seriously considering this, I want to run by you people what I have heard.

VZW will pay a portion of employees schooling.

They will pay childcare.

The average sales rep makes 60k+

Management makes 100k+

If two or more of these are true I am getting IN..haha IN
llama

Jun 12, 2009, 1:14 PM
your avg rep salary is a tad high...but it depends on the market.

Yes, they pay for school...up to I think $3000 a year.

Childcare, no.
AVANESS

Jun 12, 2009, 1:39 PM
Yeah the child care sounded too good to be true.

SACTO CALI

And I may have neglected to mention I currently work for an indirect dealer(please dont throw tomatoes at me) so I'm sure any corp store would pay more.

But seriously...I hate 3rd party. We are like the flea market of the wireless industry
ollywolf

Jun 12, 2009, 5:53 PM
That is because 3rd party dealers act like fleas
Menno

Jun 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
Only some third party dealers do.
AVANESS

Jun 16, 2009, 2:07 PM
but you would not belive how hard it is to get a job with any corp store after working 3rd party. No matter how good you are
Menno

Jun 16, 2009, 3:04 PM
That's because corp really needs to hold 3rd parties to what they agree to when they sell their product.

3rd parties are the "face" of the carrier for a ton of customers. If corporate stores have that many issues with them, they should remove their licenses.
NEPats726420

Jun 12, 2009, 3:22 PM
those are mostly true with t mobile, when i worked with t mob for the last 6 years i broke 58k every year but the first

t mob will pay for schooling and child care
NorCal23

Jun 18, 2009, 4:26 PM
I work for Verizon and I got full bennys from the minute I started with the company. I didn't even know that was going to happen, but it was a GREAT surprise! I don't know many companies that will do that. As for the pay, it's good. It's slightly higher than the other companies in my area (NorCal) from what I know from conversations with people I know in the industry. But if you're as good as you say you are, then you'll make lots of money anyway. Definitely check us out, if you can get a job with us, I think it would be worth your while. (Not all of us drive Infinitis and Chargers. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and my coworkers all drive 7 series BMWs and Lexuses!) Just kidding on that last part. Good luck to you!
Outside the norm

Jun 26, 2009, 4:02 PM
I started in a VZW call center. Went for 2 years there, changed to a Premium Indirect Agent for VZW. Worked there for 2 years. Last year managing a smallish store. I then jumped VZW ship and landed what i thought was a Corporate T-mobile store manager position. It ended up being a corp tmo store but all the employees are managed by another company. After a year of the BS there i went back to my previous company. This time running a bigger store. I would rather be with a good indirect for VZW than corp for TMO or VZW. 15% less money for 200% less head ache.
cilvzwagent

Jun 26, 2009, 7:35 PM
I work for a VZW Prem. Retailer. In my region of 13 stores, we have 2 Managers who use to work at a Corp Store. One of which was a Manager. The two of them have both stated that they make anywhere from 15-25% more..on a crappy sales month (and I don't know too many indirect stores that sell more than a corporate store on a good month)... So, I know to stay within the Premium market as long as I'm in a store.

Now, I can say that previous indirects I've worked for, I was lucky to take home $9/hr after my base and comm's in a week..so the company I'm with now, pays more than fair wages in my book. I am guaranteed $30k a year, and every commission I make is gravy...Can't complain too much about that...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.