Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

What would you do?

kentbrockman

Jun 8, 2009, 1:00 PM
Had a custy come in last monday and wanted to upgrade 4 lines. Their dates were all still a month out so I offered to call and try to have C.S. move the dates. Customer said thanks but I am can't get them tonight can you move the dates tomorrow and call me. I said sure no problem. I call C.S. the next day and got all of them moved. Called back Custy and she said I want these 4 phones I said great I will put them to the side.

Today Custy Comes in with 4 new phones. " just got these offline can you program them and transfer data?"

Now I am about to murder someone. SO I politley say to the woman. "You know I had all those phones set to the side for you last week." She says "Oh really?" I said "yup and I even got all those dates moved for...
(continues)
supersens

Jun 8, 2009, 1:15 PM
I would have told her something like b/c you got the phones online, you would have to send them in to this special place just for programming phns that ppl purchase online and gave her the number to SOMEWHERE or ANYWHERE 😁
PhonemanJ

Jun 8, 2009, 1:25 PM
I would have smiled sweetly at her and told her that I would be happy to transfer those numbers . . . for $25 per phone. At least you could have gotten commission on the transfer.
supersens

Jun 8, 2009, 1:30 PM
True 😎 ...I take what I said back. Charge that h03!
Cellinovation

Jun 8, 2009, 1:23 PM
I applaud your response! 😁
Let that be a lesson to you.
I used to be the same way, now I no longer do anything for customers until I have a sale rung into my POS. If need be, I can always ring a refund. You don't have stuff like this happen that way. If they return it after your done getting dates moved. Hit them with a hefty restock fee.
foneguy

Jun 15, 2009, 7:53 AM
The phonebook transfer fee, that is! 🤣 Toss in a free month of tethering while you're at it! 🤣

I'm mostly kidding, sort of. I hate when they do that.
Menno

Jun 15, 2009, 11:46 AM
Unless they are buying the phones in my store that day, I won't call customer service for them (I don't call customer service most of the time, because depending who you get, it can cause them to push the upgrade date but also note the account that we don't get full commission for the sale.

That is a good response though. And if they did insist on things programmed in your store, charge them the phone book fee, a Device Initiation fee, and if they get a car charger, charge em $10 more.

If someone pulls that on a store, they should expect to pay for it.

Or, you could just tell them for the first 30 days, if they have any questions or issues with their device they need to go back to who you purchased them from because they are your ...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jun 15, 2009, 5:44 PM
they screwed you, now you should screw them. i absolutely hate ppl like that and wanted to punch them all in the face when they pulled this kind of crap.

if i were you i would call into care and tell them that the cust lied to you to get their dates changed and that they should be changed back. then the ppl should have to pay retail for those phones. or call in as the cust and report all the new phones as lost/stolen so they get turned off and put on the ESN blacklist.

dont mess with my pay 👿
dxniel

Jun 15, 2009, 6:35 PM
what you could have done, is waited till they was ready to buy the phones then move the dates over in store because by you telling them you moved the dates to TODAY they got smart and went online, guess u can take it as a lesson well learned
sweetcherrygurl

Jun 20, 2009, 11:52 PM
i hate that too

when surewest changed to verizon i had this SW custie in my store EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK. for at least an hour at a time. she would insist she was just browsing then wait till i was wit someone else and interrupt to ask me repetitive or stupid questions.

i got to the point where she knew everything about the phones, got clearance to give her a discount on the phones, etc....

next day the snot comes into my store, throws a BEST BUY bag on the counter, and proceeds to scream at me cuz the best buy rep screwed up her bill.

i wanted to throw her out. instead i fixed it.

she comes in two months later with an $900 bill and completely furious because she didnt take my advice about her teenager needing a texting plan.

(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.