all discussions

show all 16 replies

does anyone have....

SprintBGN

May 28, 2009, 2:10 PM
any ideas for some free advertising...be serious
Menno

May 28, 2009, 2:19 PM
Offer to swap ads with local businesses. We have our cards in 5-6 different stores.

We also give 3-5 of our cards to all our customers, telling them to tell their friends.
SprintBGN

May 28, 2009, 2:36 PM
I called all of the Pizza places and they told me to piss off
Menno

May 28, 2009, 3:05 PM
We have them in the local dunkin donuts, the pretzal store, and a few restaurants. THe key was we developed a relationship with a lot of them before we worked on anything. We were going to each other's stores for months for business, and sending customers there as well.

Once they know that you'll actually help them as well, they should open up. Calling most likely won't work.
SprintBGN

May 28, 2009, 6:26 PM
I figured...I'm have to drive to local stores
Kid

May 28, 2009, 2:36 PM
What size town are you in? Anytime there is a change within my store or within the company(indirect) I go to the local paper and let them know. It works for me being in a smaller town and they are hard pressed to fill up the daily paper with news anyways.

Fliers, not free but cheap. You can do the old standby and team up with a local pizza place and tape the fliers to the box tops.
SprintBGN

May 28, 2009, 2:56 PM
We're in the Boston market
prizbilla_babykilla

May 29, 2009, 8:11 PM
WAH-wah. what i do here in portland OR is simple, and it seems to drive a decent amount of customer traffic. 1st off, i've gone to local apartment complexes and dropped my cards off to the office assistants, but the trick is to slap a little sticker on the back that says 20% off accessories at my location only. then they give the cards out of leave them on the counter, and when these unsuspection people come into my store wanting 20% off, i shark them into buying all new phones or other accessories and only do 20% off one. the way you word it makes all the difference.
jreed3686

May 28, 2009, 3:22 PM
my buddy made friends with a guy who works on air at the local radio station and he says his business on air once a day and he does his dry cleaning for free. so offer to discount some accessories when your working for whomever helps advertise...everyone listens to radio.
HotPocket

May 30, 2009, 4:15 PM
Want to know what a rep did when we launched south Texas? He asked the Tecate beer girls to stand outside in mini skirts and camis holding company signs. It worked! 🙂
SprintBGN

May 30, 2009, 4:41 PM
no hot girls here, and it's in the 50's outside
HotPocket

May 30, 2009, 4:56 PM
WOW! Where you from dude? This weekend it has been 95 degrees outside. I've been so effin sweaty, no joke. 😕
NEPats726420

May 30, 2009, 6:17 PM
WOW, YOU'RE NOT THAT FAR AWAY IT WAS IN THE 80'S ALL DAY IN ct
NEPats726420

May 30, 2009, 6:17 PM
sorry about the caps...........
HotPocket

May 30, 2009, 6:43 PM
No worries. I'm no grammar nazi. As long as what you're writing is legible it'sall good. 🙂 But I'm from South Texas so it's been sooo hot. Perfect day for the beach. I love that I live 20 minutes from South Padre Island.
stickdude182

Jun 8, 2009, 12:24 AM
hey i live 20 minuets form SPI too

Whats UP/? 😁
deepc185

May 31, 2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe put some cards out at your local credit unions. You can put on the back that credit union members qualify for 10% NVP discount on most plans also.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.