Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

customer cliche's

thejason

Mar 6, 2005, 1:28 PM
Have you noticed that while most people don't know Sh!t about phones, they still know some terminology that's usually way off base?

A common example. A person who doesn't understand that cell phone plans are limited to minutes per month, but still insists that they get rollover. They don't know what rollover is, but all those commercial's have them convinced that it's great....

Any others?
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 6, 2005, 1:51 PM
They always insist that they are out of their contract, only to find out that they resigned a 2yr. no less than a month ago. Did they forget or did they even know what they were doing in the first place?!
thejason

Mar 6, 2005, 1:56 PM
I like it when you ask what carrier they use and they say "Motorola"... no, what service do you use? "Uhh, what do you mean?"

WHO THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING CHECKS TO FOR THE LAST 18 MONTHS?!?!
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 6, 2005, 2:02 PM
"Hey man do you have chargers for this T-Mobile phone?"

I have motorola chargers.

"Can you charge it up for me while I go walk around the mall, and if someone calls just tell tehm I will call them back. Unless it's Pookie then come and get me I'll be outside of Foot Locker."
Grantizzle

Mar 6, 2005, 2:04 PM
ElmerFudPucker said:

"Can you charge it up for me while I go walk around the mall, and if someone calls just tell tehm I will call them back. Unless it's Pookie then come and get me I'll be outside of Foot Locker."

awesome.
thejason

Mar 6, 2005, 2:05 PM
ElmerFudPucker said:

haha, i get that all the time. tell them there's a five dollar phone charging fee... and they have to bring you back cookies.
hishkebibble

Mar 6, 2005, 1:53 PM
"i just want a phone for emergencies.."

"just looking"(as they browse every brochure)

"what kind of phone" , "a verizon"
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 6, 2005, 1:57 PM
Customer: I only use it for emergencies.
Salesperson: How much are you spending each month on pre paid minutes?

Customer: About $50-$60 a month.
Salesperson: Have you thought about a monthly plan to save money?

Customer: No way that is too expensive, I like what i have, it is much cheaper.
Salesperson: Get out before I throw you out!
thejason

Mar 6, 2005, 2:00 PM
I had a customer say they only used their phone for emergencies, and when I finally got them on a plan, they signed up for 5000 minutes with T-Mobile.

I didn't push that or anything, when I asked about it, she told me that she's very prone to emergency.
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 7:15 PM
My favorite thing is when a person comes into your store and asks for a charger that fits a totally other wireless carrier.

For example

Person: Hey do you have a charger for this phone?
Sales: Umm no we don't
Person: Why not?
Sales: Because this is a Cingular store and thats a Sprint phone
Person: Well shouldn't you have them?
Sales: No! Because we don't sell that phone

Then they look at you like your stupid or something
verizonagent45

Apr 3, 2005, 2:47 PM
i had customer say, could you look up my account for me cause i got billed for alot more then i should have

me: no problem, AHHH it says here you went 250 minutes over.

her: there is no way, i only made long distance phone calls.

me: ok and you went 250 over your 500 anytime making those phone calls

her: well you see, they told me i had unlimited long distance.

me: wow mam, that simply means you wont be billed EXTRA for using long distance. your still using your anytime minutes 😉 😉 😉

her: awwww CRAP 🙄
euro

Apr 3, 2005, 3:20 PM
I had a customer come in telling me there is no way she could possibly owe a $1800.00 cell phone bill last week. I thought "Wow! $1800.00! That doesn't sound right." So, I called Sprint to find out what had happened. Over $600.00 in directory assistance, an average of 400min in overage per month, and no payment for 2.5 months. Normally she is a sweetheart always trying to get me to go to church with her and her daughter. Once I told her she had to pay her bill and there was nothing I could do for her, she lost her mind. I never heard words like that out of church lady before. Goes to show, You can never fully trust a customer...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.