Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Over/under/just plain selling wrong? or are you just trying for a contract.

dualitycomplex

Apr 25, 2009, 9:27 PM
so in the light of the recent "restocking fee" thread, how many of you do infact have the mentality or the type of management that will force you to sell the phone a customer doesnt want either because the customer is broke or your out of stock on an item just to get the contract out and exchange the customer to the proper unit when they have money or the correct item comes into stock.

What are your personal feelings on this practice, do you condone it, do you practice it, what warnings do you give to your customers who use this, where does the restocking fee come into play with this for your indirect dealers, corp how do you deal with it.
T-Monster

Apr 26, 2009, 10:30 AM
My company does not charge restocking fees, so in the sense of getting a cheaper phone now and exchanging it for the right phone within the trail period, i'm all for it. especially in sales you want to try to get a phone out and contract signed right there and then because there is no guarantee that the customer will come back to you when they have the money to get the phone. I could do all the explaining in the world and make the customer fall in love with the phone, have them leave, and then they get the money in two weeks and just decide to go to the walmart by their house while they're shopping. I don't get paid to give information. I get paid to sell.

The only other solution to this i can imagine is to have the customer leave a depo...
(continues)
frontncenter

Apr 26, 2009, 4:39 PM
My main goal is to put the customer at ease. I am not a good salesman, but my customers trust me so I still get my sales from referrals. I want them to leave with at least a cheapie phone so they can see how thier coverage is and I would never charge a restocking fee for giving them a phone to hold them over until they get the right phone. Now if they get a great phone, hate it and get a cheapie than I make life a little harder because they did not do as I recommended.
I won't tell someone how to do their job, but I prefer to do my job with a smile and help the customer as best as possible
dxniel

Apr 26, 2009, 11:59 AM
OBF doa
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
The only time I try talking a customer into a different phone is if I see them looking at one that I'm almost positive they will return.. Like an older customer looking for a blackberry for their first phone, but insisting that they just want it for calls, or a very Techy person looking at the basic "free" phone.

Our company currently doesn't charge a restocking fee, but it kills our GP when customers return phones they don't want unless they have under an hour of talk time, and are in new condition.

If a customer doesnt have the money for the phone they want then, we'll put it on hold for them. At the very least, our system allows us to pull up apps up to 30 days after we run them, meaning they won't have to run another credit check...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.