Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Account Services

SimOrMsn

Apr 4, 2009, 4:53 PM
Why does acc serv feel the need to approve anyone that calls them for a new free phone? Example, customer has been with us for less that one year and acc serv approved them for two eairly upgrades. I know churn is a big issue but at that point wouldn’t a ETF be better for the company?
ccareatatt

Apr 4, 2009, 4:59 PM
What rate plan were they on? What features? What is the average amount they are paying the company per month? There are a lot of factors that go into that decision...
SNIPER

Apr 4, 2009, 5:28 PM
its still undercutting
liquidfire

Apr 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
and makes us look bad.

example - cust comes in with broken phone. no insurance. only a few months into contract. I explain their options (buy retail, or buy ebay/online/etc). Not good enough. They think they deserve a free phone. I explain their options again. Since they didnt get what they wanted, they leave in a huff and go home and call CS.

a GOOD CS rep answers and tells them what I told them. So now they want to cancel since we are so darn ridiculous.

Accnt Services picks up the call. Cust whines and cries to them. Accnt Ser tells them what they have been told 6 thousand times already. Cust continues to cry and threatens to cancel. Now accnt services offers them any phone they want for free or damn near it.

Now they got w...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Apr 5, 2009, 12:40 PM
I offer the Nokia 2600 for 39.99 advise it would be cheaper than an insurance claim and it still makes a difference. If they dont like it I usually say.. "I am sorry you broke your phone, your options are a nokia 2600 for 39.99 or buy a phone at outright pricing." Retention will usually offer a few more phones we may be trying to push out of inventory.. but alot of factors go into that decision. If they are making a big profit for the company ... yeah we can send one of our cheaper phones for free if we need to push it out of inventory...
biggene

Apr 6, 2009, 9:29 PM
I work in account services and its all about not canceling service. We do almost anything we can that makes business sense not to cancel a customer. If we can lock them into contract for 5-6 months longer than they were before then according to mgmet we did our job. Some reps don't make good business decisions. This is due to all the metrics they need to meet to keep their jobs. Is it right no. The good reps keep the valued customers and cancel the morons. I call plenty of customers bluff and set them to cancel. A few days later i check the account and what do you know they called in and stopped the cancellation and took the 75 discount that they originally qualified for... dumasses.. but what can you do its all a numbers game.
SimOrMsn

Apr 7, 2009, 4:04 PM
I am not talking about the customers that have been with us for 10 years or are paying $200 bucks a month. I understand it is in our best interests to keep this customer any way possiable. I am talking about the customers that have had a past due balance for 6 months and have not been a customer for a year and are on a $59.99 plan. I think at this point an ETF would be better for the company.
faintdot

Apr 11, 2009, 6:40 PM
tell that to my management.

they expect us to save everyone,
last person who tried that. was nailed to a cross.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.