Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

tired of custies

vreaper

Mar 30, 2009, 2:23 PM
was lookin forward to a day of just sittin around and doin nothin in my DEAD ass store, but no gotta have crazy lady come in and ruin my sloth.

Custy walks in and presents me a very confusing situation. I'll spare the details cuz it's so marvelously complex that i myself had to go smoke a cig and a half afterwards. I will tell u that the problem had to do with overages, contract signings and other things and that the custy had to go to a corp store to actually get this sorted out (i work indirect and had no means of actually fixing this problem).

Lady in front of me is only an account user, not the holder. She tells me the holder is extremely old and cripple and basically tries to make me feel sorry for their situation and try harde...
(continues)
Drunk

Mar 30, 2009, 11:18 PM
He says, hey I need a new phone. I say ok. I show him the phones, I know he has no money, and is not the account holder but I'm bored so I give him the run around. He acted like I knew nothing about phones and I was just a sucky low life because I wasn't driving daddy's Hummer from California. He said I want that phone and I don't need you to talk to me about it. Just get me the phone.
So I said, ok, are you on the account? He said no, but I got my mom's social and you can put the phone on the bill....
😳
sorry, she'll have to come in..
WTF?! It's your job to get me a phone, I have her social.

Sorry kid, you should get back to Jr. High kid, schools not out.

I get a big F you and he's off.

I hate my job
Menno

Mar 31, 2009, 1:55 PM
With customers like that I offer to call the account holder. Generally most people back off when you say that, the few that don't you tell them that you can activate the phone for them, but you'll need the account holder or someone authorized come into the store to sign the contract. If the mother complains about it, explain if it is about identity theft.

If they still complain about it... well then they deserve what is coming to them when their "baby" maxes out their credit cards in a few years.
Drunk

Mar 31, 2009, 3:35 PM
We use to say: oh let me just call your mom. And those dang kids are smart. They'd have their girlfriend in the car pretending to be the mom or something and say it's ok.
Our policy is now, "account holder has to be physically present to do anything" or they can call customer service.
lxav06

Mar 31, 2009, 4:52 PM
a couple walk in wanting an air card VZW.
ran thier credit and tell them it's a 400 dep.
i get a big F you from the guy. like it's all my fault. they walk out claiming they will go to someone else.
i want to explain to them thet it's based on credit. but oh well.
it used to bother me when the made those comments, but i have grew thicker skin from here and working at a Trophy nissan.
Menno

Mar 31, 2009, 6:39 PM
We can activate, but we need the customer to physically come into the store to sign the paperwork before we'll let the phone leave the store.
sweetcherrygurl

Apr 1, 2009, 6:36 PM
me: you're not on the account?

snot-nosed teenager: no. i have the info, give me the phone

me: sorry, my system won't let me without verification. come back with the account holder and we can process the upgrade.

i don't care who they say they are, i'm not putting my ass on the line with the carrier for selling a phone to an unauthorized user.

or when you get the people who come in and say, "i don't know my gf/bf/friends social, but sell me the phone at the promotional price and i'll have them come back and do the upgrade for it"

yeah. right.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.