Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

T-Mobile is Aquiring The Mobile Solution on May 31st

Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 27, 2009, 8:23 PM
T-Mobile is purchasing the entire The Mobile Solution company. The official acquisition will be on May 31st. The word was released to all of TMS management and Upper Management on Wednesday March 25th, 2009. Everyone in The Mobile Solution will be forced to re-apply via T-Mobile's website and will have to interview for any position with T-Mobile. Although the TMS executive team have promised all TMS managers a fair and even 'good recommendation' towards a future career with T-Mobile corporate I can assure all TMS employees that you are almost guaranteed to be jobless on May 31st. T-Mobile requires at least a bachelor degree in order to even interview for a management position. I know that TMS executives are telling TMS managers that th...
(continues)
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 27, 2009, 8:25 PM
👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿
OfAMightDivine

Mar 27, 2009, 8:31 PM
Awwww... are you grouchy because you won't be able to slam customer accounts with features they never wanted, and open fraudulent lines anymore? No more lying and cheating to get your paycheck?
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 27, 2009, 8:42 PM
Haha, no im not mad at all. I will miss all of the negative comments towards our employees though. All of us are or should I say, were paid more than any of you other dealers its sick. Most of my sales reps are making over 45k a year, my Regionals 120k a year, even my trainer/recruiters over 100k a year, and my market directors over 150k a year without breaking a sweat.

Ill miss the easy money but I knew this was coming and was on my way out anyway.
CAS8586

Mar 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
Well...TMS are known for being work horses..shoot 12 hours a day with one day off..sometimes no days off...of course if you work at any agent and work those hours..you better make money...i was one of the regionals at MSW..and use to slapp on you guys at everyone of my locations..and plus i NEVER worked those hours. Never even put my employees to those hours, and yet they still pull in over 40 racks a year...but still..i feel bad for TMS..but shoot if i was the owner and t-mobile wanted to buy it for a pretty penny..wouldnt you? its called being in business..and maken business decisions..soo good luck to you guys in the future..if you want to work for me..im accepting apps.
Tmo Slave

Mar 27, 2009, 9:13 PM
So long and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Most of you guys were scumbags frauding innocent people and add crap they didn't want or need.
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 27, 2009, 9:47 PM
I enjoy how serious everyone takes their wireless job.

It's money, it's sales, we made the most money, we sold more than anyone else.

Don't hate cuz you can't handle it.
Tmo Slave

Mar 27, 2009, 9:54 PM
Everyone knows you guys were the dregs of the wireless industry. No one cares how much money you guys made. We hated you guys because you gave the rest of bad names.
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 27, 2009, 10:00 PM
😁

😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
Menno

Mar 28, 2009, 9:38 AM
Sales that no one asked for or wanted are not sales.

Don't believe me? give me a credit card number and I'll get you a storm for 49.99... but you'll also end up buying 7 accessories, signed up for every data feature I can put you on and oh... you'll also be providing the down payment for my car... If I did that, according to you I would be a great salesman.
llama

Mar 28, 2009, 8:53 AM
You get a job with the Israeli/Russian hand lotion people now?
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 28, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hey, those Isreali/Russian salesmen are the best in the industry. I wish my sales people were as persistent as them.

Listen, this is your job. People that shop in the mall are expecting people to sell to them.

Its in our contract with our mall.

No matter what any of you pikers say, TMS employees get the best training and make the most money.

As for adding lines and what not without a custos approval, yea we did have some fraudulent people a few years back. But 2 years ago we instituted chargebacks for deacts.

I know you all whine about having to deal with customer service issues and blah blah blah but we are DEALERS although we give the customer a differentiated experience than what they receive from the others, we are ...
(continues)
WZ_agent

Mar 28, 2009, 1:01 PM
Why is it that everyone defrauding the customer and corporation always defend themselves so vehemently? Each and every time I ever fired an employee for stealing or un-moral behavior (I use to work in Loss Prevention for a large national retailer) they were always the innocent party? Its the rest of the industry that failed, not TMS...even though hey are now being bought out and generally have the worst reputation of all retailers. You had a problem 2 years ago? You had that problem before then and you'll continue to have the same problem until they close you down. You may have been the exception to the rule and have been a great salesman, but the way your company in general was fraudulant and unforgivable. You are not being judged by just o...
(continues)
ChrisNess

Mar 28, 2009, 1:56 PM
I find almost all of these posts amussing to say the least. First and foremost TMS did have it's share of poor practices. These weren't things that were tought from the managment in most cases. I'm not so naive to say that it never happend but it happens at every dealer believe it whether you want to or not. The reason TMS gets the poor reputation is because it was a nationwide company that everyone knows about. No one from the west coast would be aware of some of the shady practices of some dealers that were in my area(s). So with that being said, I am an ex TMS employee I was a regional and a MD, and yes they paid very well. But don't for one minute think TMS was bought by T-Mobile, more like they were handed over and the debt wiped clean....
(continues)
coowguy

Mar 28, 2009, 1:50 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 The Mobile Problem has been a huge thorn in the side of T-Mobile customer care reps for years!!! Someone should check Sue Nokes lattes and make sure she's not being slipped something that would cause her to make such a STUPID mistake. Those fools who cause so much churn for TMo should be forgotten and TMo should have dropped them years ago.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Mar 28, 2009, 3:10 PM
All of the former TMS kiosks in the malls in the Dallas market are now at&t dealers.

They are now call Mobilelife.

Not sure if this is market dependent or not. I am sure Prime Mobile is pissed about this, as they are the largest mall agent for at&t and have been for years.

Will
Decept.ICON

Mar 28, 2009, 3:17 PM
mobile life is still small in comparison.. Prime is still on top.
Ex-TMS Employee

Mar 29, 2009, 8:48 PM
Mobile Life purchased 10 of our markets back in October/November and with the deal went some of our Nationals as well as our Director of Training.
robtheman

Mar 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
Good riddance.
Hombre07

Mar 30, 2009, 1:25 AM
I have the sudden urge to go to my local TMS kiosk and just laugh.
biggene

Mar 30, 2009, 10:37 AM
I used to get 3-4 TMS current and former employees coming into my store dropping off their resumes. I would take it see the TMS on the top and file it under G for GARBAGE. Oh and my Corp retail store had the highest NET ADDS for the southeast in 2008.

To those of you saying that TMS had the best training in the industry... yeah best at being SHADY.

Ill never forget that day in 2004 I got to watch as the TMS kiosk in front of my store was dismantled by the DEA looking for the drugs the DM had stashed in the phone boxes. That was classic.
Midnight Toker

Mar 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
TMS was almost as bad as the Radio Shack kiosks DBA Sprint. I bet you thank God you do not have to face customer directly anymore. I'm sure you have learned quite a bit from going from corporate as a Store Manager to one of the indirect dealer a yet again a Kiosk Manager and finally back to corporate as a Shift Supervisor. Now if Sprint could only get the CDMA service at your house on par with the iDEN network, you'd be set.
DianneGraham

Mar 31, 2009, 11:56 AM
If you sell more phones you get more complaints. Its the way the law of odds works. The Mobile Solution is T-mobiles #1 authorized dealer they do more than any of the other dealers combined. I'm not saying the reps are angels but you just have to figure if you sell more you get more complaints. If you sell 1 phone you only have 1 chance of someone being unhappy but if you sell 300 you have 300 chances.
robtheman

Apr 2, 2009, 6:11 PM
I once had a guy come in that had set up an account with TMS. He wanted one line of service. He was under the understanding that he had one line of service. TMS had signed him up with 5 lines of service and post-dated the other 4 lines to appear after the trial period. By the time he got his first bill and saw that he suddenly had 5 lines, it was too late for him to cancel anything.

I want to know what TMS did with the extra SIM cards that they activated under this guy's account.

It's not that TMS sells so much more equipment that they're inevitably going to get complaints. It's that they do a sh*tty job in the first place and expect other locations to fix the problems that they created. I have no idea how some of these reps ca...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Apr 7, 2009, 1:18 PM
Sounds like the time I had this little old lady come into my store to ask about her bill. She thought she was signing up on a $19.99 60 min plan for emergencies. When she got the bill she had unlimited text and blackberry data on her account. And she was only using a basic samsung flip. Luckily we got it fixed for her but damn thats messed up. Yeah the rep made a few extra bucks on the sale but this poor old lady probably on a fixed income would have been screwed.
Hombre07

Apr 5, 2009, 1:07 AM
Just think, of all the TMS employees I have yet to see one defend themselves when accused of shady practices.
jlashley

Apr 6, 2009, 9:31 PM
i think its great tms is going out of business. i worked for a corp t-mobile store in cali and had never heard of tms, until the day i thought it would be smart to apply so i can be closer to my fam in oregon. i was promised a heafty comp plan to manage a kiosk that had to be "rebuilt". little did i know EVERYONE hates tms. i did make phat checks but the 75hour work weeks were horrable.the um's have no respect or business since. however they can push a phone onto anyone that is willing to listen. so to The shady solution RIP
Hombre07

Apr 7, 2009, 9:37 AM
The Mobile Pollution 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.