Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

another epic adventure with smart monkey...

smartmonkey

Mar 23, 2009, 5:21 PM
So as I was sitting in my very at&t branded store minding my own business thinking about what to have for lunch. In walks a pair of corporate gents with vintage 7130 verizon blackberries. Its been a long,long,long time since this was a popular phone with vzw in fact even when I worked for them I never saw one on an accout. Back on topic though so mr.corporate man asks me to fix his sure type because he never changed the settings but now it doesn't work.So I ask if I can see the blackberry and maybe I can figure it out. After going through settings and a hard reset the thing is still not working. Mr corporate wants me to call someone to fix it I take a deep breathe and calmly avoid the urge to point at any of very noticeable at&t globes, and ...
(continues)
dxniel

Mar 23, 2009, 5:44 PM
almost as bad as when a guy got mad at me for not activating his Vzw blackerry on AT&T 🤣
smartmonkey

Mar 23, 2009, 6:20 PM
I love the custies today. A guy just came in and whipped out his broken duo and wanted to know how long it would take for me to fix the cracked screen. After repressing urge to ask if I looked like St.Monkey of the cellphone I offered to help him upgrade which was to expensive I gave him the insurance number.
dxniel

Mar 23, 2009, 6:26 PM
well thats how their expectations are set 🤣
liquidfire

Mar 24, 2009, 2:54 PM
i love it when a custy comes to my kiosk and slams their broken phone on my glass and says something along the lines of, "you can fix this right?!" or "how long will it take for you to fix this?!"

ummm.... 🙄 do i look like tech support? does it look like i have tools to fix phones in this lil kiosk?

i just smile at them and tell them that i just sell the phones and cant do anything else. go to the corp store/repair center or call tech support if the phone isnt physically broken.

now if its a software/PEBKAC issue and they are nice to me, i'll help them. but if they walk up demanding that i fix it, even if i can, i will refer them to tech support.
GraGG

Mar 25, 2009, 5:29 PM
whenever they do that, i say i cant fix broken phones, but for future reference if they dont want a broken phone then they shouldnt slam the thing around 😉
Nadesico81

Mar 24, 2009, 3:02 AM
The good thing about working in the UK. Every one is GSM and almost every phone comes unlocked which is an good thing.

However some things dont work between networks like SKYPE and 3UK handsets. So much white trash ask me to put a 3UK phone on Vodafone or 02 and they get all pissy when I cant do it.

Dam handset are cheap here but yet people still dont understand somethings just dont work. Its not my fault 3UK does not ever unlock their handsets or give tech support to custys. Not to mention their call centers are in India and are fricken helpless and clueless.

God I am glad I am not a 3UK dealer. At least Vodafone's call centers are all in the UK.
hereticcavi

Mar 25, 2009, 1:17 PM
me= get out and goto verizon
purplelotus

Mar 25, 2009, 8:18 PM
You should have been like:

"Well... since you're in an AT&T store, that obviously means you're not getting the help you deserve at your current carrier. And... by the looks of your phone, you're probably out of contract. Why don't you switch to AT&T?"

🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.