Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Missing sales...

kapwww

Mar 16, 2009, 6:59 PM
So I at least got some contracts on this morning, but my coworkers are botching EVERYTHING in the door.

Customer was eligible for an annual on an aircard. Lost his card. Had insurance. Could have gotten a new card for less than the deductible (after rebate) and the coworker walked them saying insurance was a better deal. Being 3rd party, we would have made a good amount on the deal.

A few other customers have been in eligible for renewal or looking for new service and these coworkers are more concerned about there social lives to pay attention and sell the phones.

I would have stepped in and saved but I was stuck with my own customers' questions about high bills and broken chargers, etc. It just hurts to think how much mon...
(continues)
island4prez

Mar 16, 2009, 7:45 PM
Sounds like you work with a bunch of idiots who don't like money.
ikon

Mar 16, 2009, 7:51 PM
Dude are you sniffing your finger? What's with that gayvatar?
island4prez

Mar 16, 2009, 7:54 PM
It's a mustache tattoed on my finger and I'm holding it in mustache place.
ikon

Mar 16, 2009, 7:59 PM
island4prez said:
It's a mustache tattoed on my finger and I'm holding it in mustache place.

Well that's just plain not funny and while I am saddened by your lack of effort and somewhat fail (but not epic) I have no response. Other than this one of course.
island4prez

Mar 16, 2009, 8:02 PM
I'm glad you have an opinion and fortunatly I don't give a dam if anyone likes it or not cause I do.
ikon

Mar 16, 2009, 8:04 PM
That's good. Thank you for not caring enough to tell me how much you don't care.
island4prez

Mar 16, 2009, 8:06 PM
Makes sense lol
IrishCarBomb

Mar 16, 2009, 8:58 PM
Wow, that really sucks! I am corporate, so luckily I don't have to worry about how much pay out my indirect would get, but still, that is pretty much rule one when someone says their phone is broken.

Customer: My phone is broken!
Me: Ok, what is your phone number so I can check our options... I see you are eligible to upgrade, and that you have insurance... if you take advantage of your upgrade, you can get the new model of that phone for a penny!... insurance would be a $50 deductible... yes, thats right, a penny! Sign here, thank you, have a great day, and be sure to stop in if you have any other questions or concerns, and here are some referral cards that will get you extra any time minutes if you have any friends that need service....
(continues)
kapwww

Mar 17, 2009, 8:29 PM
Yeah. I have suggested many times that when a customer comes in for ANYTHING check the account to see if you can sell them a phone. Look for upgrades, add-a-line, etc, even if they come in asking for a charger, bill pay, etc. Some people don't know what they can get. If they come in for a bill pay, sell them a charger, etc. Look for any way to make money and still help the customer.

I think many are just check out clerks looking for an easy buck and don't actually know anything about SELLING! I just hate seeing money walk out that I might have had a chance to earn if I wasn't helping an old lady turn the volume up on her Blackberry that she bought at corporate 2 months ago. And yes, she already has the silicone cover, car charger...
(continues)
lateralus517

Mar 18, 2009, 1:40 PM
Hey IrishCarBomb. Just out of curiosity, are you compensated well for upgrading a customer? I work for an affiliate market (not 3rd party) and we aren't paid well at all. I've always wanted to ask a corporate rep but there's none near by.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.