Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

If you live in North Carolina ...

SNIPER

Mar 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
Apparently i need to make it clear why Alltel is better than At&t in NC, if you hit most highways in NC you will go in and out of signal all the time, plus with GSM there are not enough towers in NC so when you get too far from one and the phone is still looking for the next the signal is bad, and for a long time, not a minute, my sister has At&t and has this issue all the time, now Alltel, there is 3 places i know for a fact were you will not get signal, top of granfather moutain, a street in Sanford thats like 40 ft below sea leave and HEAVILY tree populated and in the bottom of a cave in Hickory, otherwise its signal out the arzz... so there you go
Oddity

Mar 14, 2009, 10:44 AM
Have your sis get a newer phone? Or upgrade her Sim chip (Tech upgrade to a newer sim whould be free so you can get a better signal so don't bitch me.) I can go everywhere in RDU, I can drive to the beach on my phone the entire time, it's only when I get far out on the outerbanks inbetween cities that I lose a good signal.
SNIPER

Mar 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
shes had 3 diff. phones and the signals the same, the only one worth a damn is the NOKIA
SNIPER

Mar 14, 2009, 11:03 AM
dude my friend lives in Preston in Cary and cant keep signal in his own house... iv never had that problem ANYWERE and hes with attandt and has a sony ericson phone
tanya_ATT

Mar 14, 2009, 11:32 AM
agreed.. i dont know anyone who can't get a good AT*T singal.. Verizon and Altell.. i hear **** all day about how they can't get anything.. plus, my store is in Sanford... i can't tell you how many NEW activation i do from former VW and ALT who say they HATE their phones/singal's with them...
dxniel

Mar 14, 2009, 2:34 PM
word tanya word!
tanya_ATT

Mar 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
... my work phone is Altell... i get ****ty signal.. and its on a blackberry...

my other phone is ATT .. i live out in the country, 15 mins outside of town in Sanford... and i get signal everywhere but my bedroom.. my altell phone gets nothing within 5 miles of my house... i gotta go stand by a tree and crouch like a tiger to get anything...

the only time i lose my AT*T signal is when i travel on 42 towards Fuquay for about 5 mintues.. other than that.. my AT&T works a hell of a lot better!
SNIPER

Mar 14, 2009, 2:14 PM
i trust your feelings , but i dont think its that bad... but we will never know
Pious Goddess

Mar 14, 2009, 12:21 PM
I have a T-Mobile phone and when I went to see my boyfriend I didn't have bad service the whole trip up and around N.C.
Hayate392

Mar 14, 2009, 5:24 PM
MY UNCLE HAS ATT...AND VERIZON...HIS PHONES WORK FINE IN NORTH CAROLINA...o__o;;
AND HE'S A TRUCK DRIVER...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.