Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

Indirect VZW problem

WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 1:17 PM
Ok, I need suggestions. I have a new coworker who has 2 existing lines. One is out of contract and one was just upgraded before she started here. We have access to a cheap employee plan. She would like to use the phone number that was just renewed on the cheap agent line. Here's the problem: agent lines dont have a contract, so if she moved her number onto that cheap plan, shed have to pay a termination fee on a contract she just started. Does anyone know a way around this that lets her keep her number on the new agent plan without a term fee?

If i decribed this incorrectly, let me know if you need more info.

PS. cant cancel her recent upgrade, its over 30 days.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 6, 2009, 1:20 PM
Suck it up and pay the fee, or keep paying for the contract she agreed to.

Stop trying to fraud the provider. You work in the industry, you should know better.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 1:22 PM
its not fraud. its not screwing a customer who became a rep. either way, shes with the provider
OfAMightDivine

Mar 6, 2009, 1:25 PM
Her number was just renewed to get a new phone at a discounted price, no?

Now you want to get out of said contract, but of course keep the phone.

Why not sell the phone on eBay, or someplace, and then use that money to pay for the ETF to get out of the contract?
MrGoofball

Mar 6, 2009, 1:35 PM
You. Go back into your little troll hole now. Learn to read the situation before getting on your high horse spouting off bs like you know what you're talking about. Shoo ass don't bother us.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 6, 2009, 1:37 PM
You people really have to put more effort into these things.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 1:41 PM
OfAMightDivine I see your point about a discounted phone, which is why my initial thinking was to return the phone and undo the upgrade. On the agent lines we pay full retail for our phones, seeing as there is no contract term. Once again, I am not trying to fraud the system. I am trying to help a coworker. If you don't have something constructive to say, feel free to not post.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 6, 2009, 1:52 PM
WZ_agent said:
feel free to not post.

I'll be the kettle this time!

If you pay full retail for the phone, being a dealer, I'll bet that you have no cheap phone. Paying the ETF is a lot cheaper than a new phone at full retail in most cases, again being a dealer, I would be hard pressed to say you'd get a cheapo phone.

Whether or not YOU consider it fraud doesn't mean it isn't. You are trying to find a way to get out of the agreement with out paying the ETF, because the only option to get out of the agreement without paying is gone.

What's cheaper? Paying full monthly access with a full price plan, or canceling the line and paying the ETF, but saving money on a monthly basis due to the cheapness...
(continues)
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 2:34 PM
Actually, we do get a few good phone relatively cheap full retail with our company's buying power through a coalition of indirects. Also, we can finance the cost of the phone over one year from our company. Maybe the best thing for you to do is not assume you know more than you think you know about my company.

Fraud is not following policies, and I'm asking if there is a way within those same policies to solve a problem. Once again, this is an open forum, but no one needs your negative attitude when all i did was send out a call for help. Do you even work for Verizon? Unlike you, I don't want to assume. If you do, then you know the policies, and perhaps if you do, you could add anything positive to the conversation instead of your negativ...
(continues)
jreed3686

Mar 6, 2009, 4:18 PM
hes probably the biggest douche to breathe air on the planet, no worry. he thanks anyone who has an opinion other than his is wrong or a liar or a fake or a fraud. just let him have his way so he can go home and tug it a few times and go on with her merry way.

This my friends is the life of a loser 🤣

Welcome to ofamightdivines life story
OfAMightDivine

Mar 6, 2009, 11:52 PM
You do know that no one takes you seriously, right?

Most people see right through your lies, and the only ones that seem to care to talk to you are newbs that don't know better.
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 5:56 PM
MrGoofball said:
You. Go back into your little troll hole now. Learn to read the situation before getting on your high horse spouting off bs like you know what you're talking about. Shoo ass don't bother us.

Personal attack/ad hom illogical you=fail
SNIPER

Mar 6, 2009, 3:59 PM
ur like a ugly LLama-man with the company man additude 🙄
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 5:31 PM
He is correct - you people need to take what you do more srsly
usccsucks

Mar 6, 2009, 2:26 PM
i don't work with VZW but with us we can do a change of responsibility in that situation. it suspends the contract but allows them to keep the number. if the rep quits/gets fired the agent line is canceled and the contract renews, so say you do this today she works for 3 years for you, she will still have the 2 year contract to fulfill. again don't know if that helps but its how it works here.
devilsmafia

Mar 6, 2009, 2:36 PM
usccsucks said:
i don't work with VZW

So how does that help? 🤣 🤣 🤣
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 6, 2009, 2:31 PM
For once in my life I find myself agreeing with OfAMightDivine (*shudder*). Damn right what you are trying to do is technically considered fraud, your trying to find a "work around" the contractual obligations your fellow employee agreed to when she accepted that brand new shiny phone.

So at best your going to either have to

1) Pay the ETF

2) Find someone to assume responsibility of the upgrade line, and then port the number off it.

3) New number on the agent line.

Best of luck.
liquidfire

Mar 6, 2009, 2:38 PM
when i worked vzw indirect, the 3rd party emp lines could not have a number ported in. be it another vzw number or somebody else's
devilsmafia

Mar 6, 2009, 2:39 PM
I was told by our VZW account manager that numbers could be ported into an employee demo line.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 2:41 PM
ours can be, in fact i did it myself
devilsmafia

Mar 6, 2009, 2:43 PM
Yeah i was pretty sure they could be.
liquidfire

Mar 6, 2009, 2:53 PM
thats wierd. cuz when we were at freedom, todd from vzw said that we couldnt port numbers in

maybe it was freedom being gay as usual
Menno

Mar 6, 2009, 3:05 PM
They also switched around how the plans worked as well
devilsmafia

Mar 6, 2009, 3:07 PM
That's weird cause todd was the one that told me that we could port in a number. 🤣
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 3:19 PM
do you guys have the same restrictions if a rep comes into the company with an existing contract with VZW?
devilsmafia

Mar 6, 2009, 3:22 PM
I'm not sure. I dont have a demo line so i dont know what if any restrictions there would be.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 3:25 PM
gotcha. you work for freedom? what state?
liquidfire

Mar 6, 2009, 6:49 PM
we both did in pa
kapwww

Mar 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
I've been told by several reps that they can take the number in to the agent line system, but if you leave, you lose the number once they find out you don't work for the agent anymore. So, port in, but no port out. That's what I've been told anyhow. You never really know until you actually see it done.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 2:39 PM
Im not trying to get around the system. I'm trying to find the cheapest possible way. If we could do as another poster said and suspend the account until the agent line was done with, then that would be the best possible solution. I should have stated this from the start, but I dont want to break any policies in doing this. I just think there is a way to either pay the out-right cost for the phone and do a price plan change to the agent line, or suspend the normal plan until the agent line is no longer needed.
Menno

Mar 6, 2009, 3:10 PM
When I switched over, I had to pay the early term. All told though it's not that bad because I've already made up the cost in savings and it has been well under a year... now to find a cheap Versa.
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 5:26 PM
employee plans mandate you provide your own phone anyway... granted you may be able to find good deals on ebay or craigs list the bottom line is youre going to spend a lot of money anyway..initially...
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 5:34 PM
Here is what happened. Your 'friend' thought that they could get around the system by starting off with a contract and getting a huge discount on a phone and then changing to the employee plan. Since your 'friend' is obviouly new to the business your friend didn't know that won't work in his situation. Now your 'friend' is stuck but atleast you got a huge discount on the phone initially.

Anyway you look at it you end up paying roughly the same. You got the phone for dirt cheap so a 200$ fee would be the equivelent of buying a higher priced phone at retail cost (if anything, it will be less). So just suck it up and take the ETF.
apollo83

Mar 6, 2009, 5:37 PM
If they move her number to an employee line... when she does quit working there the number is canciled and she does NOT get it back... i would advise against it
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 5:52 PM
What's your source for this information? My understanding is that when she's no longer working there, IF a giant multibillion dollar corporation is keeping track of this one person, then she loses the employee plan and they put her on a normal plan. However, I have met people before that kept their employee plan years after leaving a company... So, I question the legitimacy of your claim.
apollo83

Mar 6, 2009, 6:34 PM
I had a friend that worked for an indirect.. did the same thing and she could not get her number back... she was very upset..
ikon

Mar 6, 2009, 6:37 PM
Um ok cause I've seen it work for indirect for other providors for years...
Menno

Mar 6, 2009, 6:41 PM
you most likely need to port it to a normal plan before (or soon after) you stop working for the company. if you let it carry out on your own, they'll most likely term the account.
liquidfire

Mar 6, 2009, 6:53 PM
i was told by a few ppl that they just switch you to a comparable consumer plan (ie premium plan). then you're on your own to change it to something you can afford.
WZ_agent

Mar 6, 2009, 7:31 PM
my experience is that if an employee line is ended, the line changes to a normal plan. No one fired or quiting has had their line drop off.
nor-easter

Mar 7, 2009, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure how VZW agent lines work. Should be able to do a CoR on the agent line back to a consumer plan. My agent line isn't attached to a social in any way, so therefore to switch it to a regular acct would require a credit check, so you would have to be there to do it. They can just cancel the agent line, it pretty much depends on if you worked at an agent or retail. pretty decent chance of getting overlooked if you work for an agent because AAE's are very busy people and won't worry much about the 20-30 dollars a month the company loses when they are dealing with accounts worth 1000s a month. I'm not sure how the retail locations work with agent lines but i know mine, for anything to change, i can't ask my boss, he doesn't even hav...
(continues)
jeffatt

Mar 6, 2009, 5:52 PM
I can't believe some of the restrictions I'm reading about regarding the employee lines.

Here, there's only one real restriction we have: you can't switch to the employee line if you had new service activated in the last 6 months. You have to wait until that 6 month period is covered.

Other than that, you can be in an existing contract when you switch, you just can't do a renewal or anything as an agent line. For example, I had a co-worker who started working here, then once she was eligible for an agent line, she did an upgrade BEFORE switching to the plan. It wasn't against policy or anything, both our company AND our AT&T rep actually advised her to do it in that order if she wanted to get a new phone.

In this situation, if it ...
(continues)
Menno

Mar 6, 2009, 6:40 PM
It used to be the way you are describing it. They changed it recently.. not entirely sure why, but now I can get a discount on equipment through my company where I could before.
smartmonkey

Mar 7, 2009, 12:42 AM
I had a similar situation when I started with my new company I have a pre existing contract with another carrier (long story). Anyway I kept my existing service and lowered my minutes down to the minimum this way my friends and family have a dedicated line. I also carry my dealer line.

Pros-

My customers and boss have a line dedicated to reaching me.

I can turn my work phone on vibrate when I'm not in the office.

Crazy customers don't have my personal number. Which means less interruption into my day to day life.

I pay the equivalent of adding blackberry to my existing plan and I have gained an extra 2000 peak min.

Cons-

Haven't found one yet... unless you consider carrying to devices a major con.
Menno

Mar 7, 2009, 10:12 AM
we don't have to give out personal contact numbers. They call our store number or none at all. But other than that... yeah there isn't too much of a drawback to having the second phone.

I had a verizon contract (1 year in) so that's why I couldn't do that... well, I guess I could have if i wanted a new number. But I had just bought a new phone outright for my normal plan and didn't want to have a second number to worry about.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.