Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 46 replies

iPhone upgrade

outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 5:23 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to the iPhone through the online store?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 5, 2009, 5:24 PM
You work for AT&T and you don't know this information?

Quit your job.
outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 5:27 PM
I know right? There's no info about it anywhere. My managers don't even know.
a Girl

Mar 6, 2009, 6:55 PM
Is this why I get 15 calls a day asking my department (who usually has same as online offers) if we can upgrade someone to the iphone or upgrade them early to the iphone? The answer is no. No we don't sell the iphone over the phone and if you have internet access you can see it IS available online. Online or in store only.
Please don't call and ask my online department if we can upgrade them to iphone (early or not!). Its killing our commission because its ruining our conversion rates. Thanks!
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 5:32 PM
you should quit posting because im sure nobody likes you
outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 5:33 PM
good thing im not here to gain popularity then, huh?
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 5:47 PM
not you lol. ofamightdivine is the one im talking about ๐Ÿคจ
outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 5:53 PM
haha yeah i realized that right after i posted.. at work so im flippin thru pages quickly.
vzwutter

Mar 9, 2009, 11:40 PM
I agree
Hayate392

Mar 14, 2009, 5:28 PM
Iphone is "apple" not ATT...why would reps know if APPLE released an update...tell customers to check APPLE'S website...most of have never even touched a Mac....
jreed3686

Mar 17, 2009, 10:53 AM
And blackberrys are RIM
And the Q is Motorola
and the list goes on

However if your company brands that specific phone, you should know everything about it.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2009, 12:14 PM
jreed3686 said:
but i know all of the information ect.
wizardofCroz

Mar 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
The statement you said is true, Blackberry is RIM, Q is moto, Incite is LG blah blah. But the iPhone is unlike any other phone that ATT carries. No other phone is mentioned in the Terms of Service. RIM does not exclusively decide which dealers can sell a blackberry, and which ones can't.

The ATT IVR statement on the iPhone: "If you are buying an Iphone, you also agree that use of the iphone acts as a acceptance of Apple and 3rd party terms and conditions associated with the iphone"

Now in response to your last statement: MY company does not sell the Iphone, however I work for a company that only deals ATT. So does that mean i need to know everything about the iphone? Of course, because custys don't know i don't sell it, and i'll talk ...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2009, 12:27 PM
You must be wrong because jreed3686 knows all the information.

jreed3686 said:
but i know all of the information ect.
wizardofCroz

Mar 17, 2009, 2:21 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™„
jreed3686

Mar 17, 2009, 2:52 PM
Yeah he's a douche. Anyhow. You could be right. Im not doubting you.
wizardofCroz

Mar 17, 2009, 3:00 PM
lol, i've noticed. Also, with ATT you're able to upgrade one phone line, and use that phone on another line. Just switch the SIM. Except with the Iphone. If Billy's line is eligible to upgrade but he wants to use his upgrade to get Suzy the iphone, he's looking at full price, or just keeping the iphone for himself.

Trust me, the iphone is unlike any other phone att makes. It's also the number one most returned phone in the world
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 5:33 PM
From what im told, yes you can through Premier. However i dont work with all that information, just hear say from reps on that end when i warm transfer.
outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 5:34 PM
why don't they tell us these things?
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 5:47 PM
as in 'us' what dept is 'us'
tanya_ATT

Mar 5, 2009, 5:57 PM
they do! but i wouldn't.. most of the online iphones are all the ones that have been defective and fixed! iphones suck!

oh and they do tell us this info.. read ur emails.. and pay attention in ur classes!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 5, 2009, 6:00 PM
They can't be bothered by actually paying attention and doing their job.

Kudos to you for not being a retard.
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 6:01 PM
Agreed... ๐Ÿ˜ณ ....we agree?

Anyhow if people would pay attention they would be just fine, but some arent up on there job and dont and need help so it makes others look good.
tanya_ATT

Mar 5, 2009, 6:13 PM
ty ๐Ÿ˜
outlaw_01

Mar 5, 2009, 6:05 PM
ok... i have never received an email about this and we were never told in our training class. like i said before my managers don't even know. i guess my center is uninformed. nobody here knows.
jreed3686

Mar 5, 2009, 6:06 PM
what center are you in? what department?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 5, 2009, 6:06 PM
outlaw_01 said:nobody here knows.

Sounds like a typical call center to me.
tanya_ATT

Mar 5, 2009, 6:12 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

why is it that ppl say they were never told..yet at at the 3 AT-T retailers i have worked for , training and all that jumbo is DRILLED into our heads..

do other stores not go through a crazy traingin schedule like i did... i dont get it.. i was in classes for 2 weeks in Corp. AT&T before i was even allowed in my store!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 5, 2009, 6:25 PM
Because most reps that work in the wireless industry are nothing more than customers that got a job.

I hear it all day long from my reps.

"I wasn't told that!"

Then I show them where they signed off on their Coaching log where they were told something.

They all have access to a program that outlines every major policy, and 99% of the customer related minor policies. It gives them step by step instructions that a deaf, retarded monkey with a bad butt-itch could do it. The biggest reason reps don't know things? BECAUSE THEY DON'T USE THEIR RESOURCES THAT HAVE THE ANSWERS.

They're too lazy to do it. These are the reps that complain that their quality it too low, and we always pick on their 'worst calls'. They whine beca...
(continues)
purplelotus

Mar 5, 2009, 9:34 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
.....THEY DON'T USE THEIR RESOURCES THAT HAVE THE ANSWERS.

....They whine because no one tells them anything, even though they can just look it up.

OMG... the reps I could tell stories about! I'm so glad I don't work in a call center training, managing, or taking supervisor calls. Jeeeesus.

OfAMightDivine said:
My worst reps are bothering me all day with retarded questions that I've coached them on several times. My best reps will ask me a question twice per day, if that, and it's usually a clarification of policy at that.

๐Ÿ™„ It's too bad there isn't enough intelligent life on this earth to have reps that actually know their company...
(continues)
tanya_ATT

Mar 6, 2009, 10:31 AM
..coming from someone that only started this busniess in Oct. of last year... i can't believe the retardedness of some ppl! people that sat in the SAME class room as me, for 3 weeks in Corp AT&T, ask me questions, then say, "how'd u konw that" ...

i freaking pay attention!

i love my job! ๐Ÿคฃ
Pious Goddess

Mar 10, 2009, 9:38 AM
Eh sounds like everyday work in my call center, so I eventually try to sit alone. I don't like when people act helpless.
jreed3686

Mar 6, 2009, 1:22 PM
9 weeks of training here lol
tanya_ATT

Mar 6, 2009, 2:44 PM
nice.. we did out 2 weeks, and then 3 times a month for the first 6 months you do a 8hr training.. lovely!
Pious Goddess

Mar 10, 2009, 9:35 AM
The same reason stores never use their MyCSP. Because you were told one way or another.
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 10:14 AM
every store i've worked at.. use Mycsp!

all the damn time..

that was in out training too!
Oddity

Mar 10, 2009, 10:15 AM
And before you ask, if you hit the CSP link under Quick Links on POS.com or POSII.com it will auto log you on...
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 2:39 PM
i konw this!
why would i ask?

why is everyone telling me how to do things...

wasn't i the one that was telling ppl to pay attention in trainings you'd learn something...

so that means.. i do know what i am doing!

thanks thou ๐Ÿ˜›
Pious Goddess

Mar 10, 2009, 2:35 PM
I meant in General, I know some reps use it because one called me with a res id and had questions about media net. However, a lot of them choose not to use it. Just like some of these dumb reps in this call center they prefer people.
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 2:40 PM
๐Ÿ˜
PhonemanJ

Mar 11, 2009, 3:18 PM
It amazes me how many reps don't know how to use MYCSP. Hardly a day goes by that someone who works for the company that I do sends out an email wanting to know the FAN number for XYZ Corp. In less time than they took to write the email, they could look it up.
Pious Goddess

Mar 14, 2009, 12:43 PM
That is true. Most common complaint people say is the spelling. Well, I have no trouble with my spelling so I find everything I need in it with ease.
Pious Goddess

Mar 10, 2009, 10:20 AM
Did they tell you in training class that most of the online iPhones are defective? Because they are not, most of them are new. The other few was that special on refurbished ones. Why in the world would a cus want a refurbished one, I don't know. And sometimes they think they got it new but you look it up and it is refurbished, I always listen for the price they paid.
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 10:30 AM
no, they didn't tell us that..
Decept.ICON

Mar 10, 2009, 10:03 AM
if you or no one else knows...use initiative to find out...

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell- ... »

you're welcome for doing your job. ๐Ÿ™„
Oddity

Mar 10, 2009, 10:05 AM
Decept, if you are not blocked by a heinous proxy, check out, www.letmegooglethatforyou.com

Absolutely brilliant website... Wish I had thought of it first.
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 2:41 PM
damn, i wish i wasn't blocked!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.