Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

WOW!

repoman

Feb 22, 2009, 3:01 PM
This lady I have now is a SPEED TALKER. I've been on this call for 6 minutes now and I've said 5 words in addition to my opening. and she's literally been talking the ENTIRE time.
repoman

Feb 22, 2009, 3:40 PM
Holy s#it! That call lasted for almost an hour!!! 👿 👿 And she pretty much talked the entire time!
purplelotus

Feb 22, 2009, 4:09 PM
🤣

It's called call control.
KingTiger

Feb 23, 2009, 6:06 PM
heh. Some customers are beyond control...
girlsgotphone

Feb 24, 2009, 7:05 PM
Super rep says you handled this call well 🤣 😉
BigShowJB

Feb 24, 2009, 10:59 AM
there had to have been a moment where you wanted someone else to listen in (sup, cowworker, w/e) to share that experience with you to give you some sort of backup on something like that
repoman

Feb 25, 2009, 8:10 AM
Definitely! You guys talk about call control, I've been at this same position for a year and a half now. I know about call control. Seriously, this lady had to have been averaging about 200 words in 10 seconds. I have never heard anyone talk so fast. I almost had my TL listen to the call directly afterwards. There was no controlling this lady. I would cut her off and she'd switch topics and keep right on going, or she'd just keep right on talking through whatever I was saying. I've NEVER had a call like that before.
purplelotus

Feb 25, 2009, 9:21 PM
OUCH. Lol. I rescind my prior comment. I was a sup 2 of the 3 years I worked for VZW C/S and I've heard of customers like this.

Try death threats! Those are fun. We got this one guy's service terminated for calling in and refusing to allow assistance and being verbally abusive. Several of the sups on the team reported they heard the guy throwing things and cursing at his wife.
SimOrMsn

Feb 22, 2009, 4:54 PM
I love it when people do that. I had a lady that talked for six minuets strait. I don’t know how she didn’t die form lack of oxygen.

She called in to dispute overage. She said she didn’t enough to have overage.
Pious Goddess

Feb 22, 2009, 5:13 PM
Sometimes it is nice to have a cus that won't shut up but at the same time it kills stats being AHT.
Researcher

Mar 7, 2009, 1:58 PM
Where I am at, they want us to ask "Is there anything else"? We get the first issue corrected after they shut up. Then they go off again.

🤨
Pious Goddess

Mar 7, 2009, 2:05 PM
Yeah we do that too but some customers just keep talking. I try not to be rude because they will feel rushed.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.