Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

"I will just never stop by here again"

usccsucks

Feb 21, 2009, 4:52 PM
Customer wanted to pay her bill and purchase a charger.

C=So you just call the check in?

M=Yes ma'am, we are an agent location and do not accept checks for payments so we call in your routing number and account number.

C=So I can't write a check? That's how I keep my records!!!!

M=You are welcome to write a check for your records but we don't need it. I will be happy to shred it for you. I will give you a confirmation number after the payment posts.

C=I will NOT write 2 checks.

M=I understand your frustration but I can not add the charger to your bill.

C=INSANE! What kind of store is this! I will never come back here! Making me waste a check.

She then tore out the check, ripped it in pieces and walked out.

Why? ...
(continues)
JaydenW

Feb 21, 2009, 4:53 PM
Of course I take checks!!

I take it, call it in, and give it back to you!! 😈
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 21, 2009, 6:36 PM
just tell her the lovely phrase "well they used to have that capability but a few bad eggs ruined it for the rest...." etc.

i got sick of people saying "well i did it at that other store last time!"
KingTiger

Feb 23, 2009, 2:13 PM
sweetcherrygurl said:
just tell her the lovely phrase "well they used to have that capability but a few bad eggs ruined it for the rest...." etc.

When I worked in a retail store, I used that line so many times it wasn't funny.
jeffatt

Feb 21, 2009, 6:25 PM
You could've just said that it would be just fine to use the one check. Take the numbers off the bottom over the phone for the bill payment, then run the check for the car charger. It doesn't use the check to pay it over the phone (well...so long as your system is similar to mine).
usccsucks

Feb 21, 2009, 6:41 PM
it doesn't but she was wanting to write the check in her book to have the carbon copy, i have to deposit the check for the charger at the end of the night and can't scribble out the amount she writes in for the price of a charger.
KingTiger

Feb 23, 2009, 2:15 PM
bummer. That seems kinda strange, that they'd use the actual checks for records... I just write it into my checkbook register. I could see a business doing that, but wouldn't an extra receipt accomplish the same thing?
usccsucks

Feb 23, 2009, 4:52 PM
she was strange peroid. she had the whole "im better than you" attitude going on. i think thats another reason i didnt bend over backwards for her.
PhonemanJ

Feb 24, 2009, 3:07 PM
She has to have a carbon copy because she does not know how to fill out and balance a check register. I had this friend who used to write BIE in her checkbook register all the time. Her husband finally asked what BIE stood for and her response was "Bank in Error". That's easier than trying to find the mistake on the bank statement.
Hombre07

Feb 23, 2009, 8:02 PM
So she writes a check for everything in order to keep records, and if she buys like me she would write a lot of checks. But god forbid you write two checks for two separate transactions.
Tiredofselling

Feb 24, 2009, 3:57 PM
It has come to my attention that people in this world are morons. We get the same thing, but have this added.....I tell them they DO NOT HAVE TO FILL OUT THE CHECK, it will simply debit out of their account. They say ok, then continue to WRITE THE CHECK. then when all is done, and I hand them a check back with a confirmation number written on it, they ask oh, you dont keep the check. Inside im like you f'n moron I just told you 2 minutes ago how this works, but no, I simply say no. So they say thats it? I say yes....so they say well I guess I coulda done that at home then huh...again Ill answer with a yes. Sure enough, one month later, the same customers are back in my store.....WRITING A CHECK and going through this same process. I h...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.