Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

To All At&t Warranty Reps...

sms_Queen

Feb 15, 2009, 6:20 PM
...if you are regular warranty (not BMG or HED), and you get a cust who belongs to one of those 2 groups and you know you're going to transfer to BMG or HED, PLEASE do NOT get their IMEI and check LDI/Leads or do any TS! Please! Because we cannot go off of your notes! We HAVE to do all of that stuff ON OUR CALL, and all it is doing is pissing people off to have to repeat it!

Thank you. That is all.
OfAMightDivine

Feb 15, 2009, 6:28 PM
I know you can't control it, but your Quality people are retarded.

AT&T doesn't know s*** on how to give good customer service, and it shows in their quality department.
sms_Queen

Feb 15, 2009, 6:30 PM
Oh, do not even get me started on how much i agree with that statement! It's complete BS that we have to repeat things that the rep RIGHT BEFORE ME did, AND NOTED, but yes, we get marked off on quality if it is not in our call. And having to repeat things=pissed off custy!
OfAMightDivine

Feb 15, 2009, 6:33 PM
I understand. I may not be a Quality Assurance person, but I have good ties with our current one, and she's been with us all in the Center for a few years. She's not retarded (only occasionally, but it's ok cause we get to pick on her when she is) and fights for the reps as much as she can on Bulls*** quality procedures from the higher ups.

I cannot stand when people who have never, ever taken a real call judge others on how to do so.
sms_Queen

Feb 15, 2009, 6:40 PM
YES! Are you with Sprint? Cuz that's the way it worked when I worked for them. We had 1 QA person assigned to our team so we would have one POC if we got a QA back that we didn't agree with. And she would come to our team meetings and talk to us, and it was a good time.

Here at ATT, we get a different person for every QA, it's as inconsistent as it can be because it's completely subjective. And in order to dispute it, you have to have your sup do it for you, and they pretty much ignore anything that you try to dispute. It sucks. A lot.
OfAMightDivine

Feb 15, 2009, 6:42 PM
Nope, I work with VZW. Their corporate quality people are amazingly dense. We go to weekly Quality meetings (us supervisors) and we all score a call together to make sure we're all calibrated and on the same page. Once VZW made us calibrate on a Tech Support call. We're Customer Service and nothing else. The quality agent actually got all pissy with us because we had no idea what the tech rep was doing. We just ignore them now, and kinda do our own thing.
sms_Queen

Feb 15, 2009, 7:14 PM
lol, yeah, Sprint was the same way...I do NOT think ATT is. They are NOT on the same page when it comes to ANYTHING!! i HATE IT!! I think I wanna work for VZW... 🤭
OfAMightDivine

Feb 15, 2009, 7:18 PM
I think the upper management for VZW is crazy. Seriously.

They nitpick and look for ways to bring your quality down, even if they have to make up stuff (which we have to fight each week)

They told my rep once that she failed First Call Resolution because the rep in the account prior didn't leave any remarks. Another time, we lost courtesy scores because the customers child was throwing up all over the place, and the customer had to suddenly leave. The reason why we failed that call is because the rep didn't stop the customer and ask when a better time to call her back was. Seriously.
ccareatatt

Feb 15, 2009, 7:21 PM
Its okay with At&t we need a unique value statement with each account when half the time their activation date shows wrong because it was converted out of some other system. The value statement opens up a can of worms when you give a tenure date. Grrr. Then repeating the customers name more than twice in a call. To me as a customer I would be annoyed I just want my issue resolved I dont care about thrilling dilly make me feel good things.. but I guess not everyone is the same way. 🙂
KingTiger

Feb 16, 2009, 11:59 AM
sms_Queen & OfAMightDivine, I understand how you guys feel... sometimes we get a lot of stupid QA fails in my Sprint department. For example, failing you for not stating your scripted closing, when you couldn't because the customer hung up before you could. I failed a QA last week because I didn't ask for the customer's name, when the customer gave it to me at the beginning of the call.

That being said, our QA department is actually pretty good, most of the time. And most of our supervisors are pretty dedicated, so 90% they'll dispute your QAs for you.
Pious Goddess

Feb 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
Our quality no longer operates in our center it is now in India. (Ha.) Before I could not stand our quality, I was getting docked for following policy... I remember failing a call I was suppose to be coached for though I was right. It's hard to fight them on calls because they try not answer them in the 3-day dispute so you fail. And yes we have to repeat things, I don't mind doing it if the cus refuses then they refuse. We get in trouble if we don't do anything, most of the time the notes are not always right.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.