Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Laws of Customers

WZ_agent

Feb 14, 2009, 10:22 AM
Here's mine. Feel free to add to the list:

1. 100% of people lie. 100% of customers are people.

2. Customers are incapable of reading...anything.

3. If a we dont carry a phone anymore or its with another company, they want it.

4. Customers will not listen to whatever answer you just gave them for their question.

5. A customer is NOT entitled to a new phone every 6 months...free. (see Law 1)

6. There are no well-mannered children that will enter your location.

7. The worse they smell, the longer they linger.

8. A customer will not let you know they are wasting your time until its too late.

9.If its an impossibility to preform a service, someone at your location "does it all the time for me".

10. They always saw i...
(continues)
Menno

Feb 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
11: No matter how many phones you offer, they always want one that you never bothered ordering.

12: The customers who get all the extras, high end plans, ALWAYS get their phones at a different location but then come to you because "they like you better."

13: They think that using the "economy" as an excuse for #12 is a valid reason.

14: Contrary to popular belief, we won't discount your plan because a regional carrier offers lower rates and next to no service.

15: Complaining to a rep will not stop your daughter from going over the text messaging package you grudgingly bought for her and it will NOT lower your bill.

16: Just because the register is down doesn't mean you "get it for free."

17: Saying #16 is not funny ...
(continues)
devilsmafia

Feb 14, 2009, 11:09 AM
11. The customer will always insist that customer service said they could come in and get that free BB Storm.
devilsmafia

Feb 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
I hit submit accidentally before i was done.
Menno

Feb 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
Start with 21
WZ_agent

Feb 14, 2009, 11:35 AM
21. The person in your store or on your call is not the account holder...or authorized.

22. No matter how you qualify them, they want the phone they saw on the tv last night.

23. Even if you pour water out of the phone "it never got wet"
WZ_agent

Feb 14, 2009, 11:36 AM
24. "I never call myself" is neither funny nor a good reason not to know your own number
WZ_agent

Feb 14, 2009, 11:33 AM
11. The person in your store or on your call is not the account holder...or authorized.

12. No matter how you qualify them, they want the phone they saw on the tv last night.

13. Even if you pour water out of the phone "it never got wet"
Soimbored

Feb 14, 2009, 1:56 PM
14. The guy at the other store said he could get the Blackberry for free with a free car charger, free case, free bluetooth, no activation, and no contract, so I should be able to pricematch it. (Why didn't he get it there then?)

15. Customers are always eligible for the full discount, even if they bought a phone last month.

16. Full Discount = Free Phone

17. Any Phone = Free Phone, no matter what the price tag says.

18. Customers are entitled to more discounts because they are "Good" Customers.

19. All Customers have been "Loyal" customers that have had 5 lines, that they pay $400 a month for, with our company since it started. (Apparently 5 lines = 1 line, $400 = $40, and our company has only been around 4 months)

20. Cu...
(continues)
Soimbored

Feb 14, 2009, 2:13 PM
31. Our systems must be faulty if your check isn't accepted or your credit card is declined.

32. Since the other store never checks your ID when they are supposed to, we shouldn't have to either.
Dnbstyle

Feb 14, 2009, 2:21 PM
33. "But my friend did it here last week!"

34. In-store reps must apply Mail-in rebates to the price of the phone if they want your business.
WZ_agent

Feb 14, 2009, 3:52 PM
35. Customers are never in possession of a lost or stolen phone...they were "given it by a friend"

36. No deposit is ever right. Customers have perfect credit.
wizardofCroz

Feb 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
37. Warranty department said they could drop the phone off and get another one in store, even though our policy is exchange by mail.

38. They would rather pay 50.00 for a new battery than sign a contract to get a new phone, even though "they've been with us forever"
smartmonkey

Feb 15, 2009, 1:29 PM
39. Well that ain't the price the TV gave me. I want you to honor what the TV said.

40. Day before you quoted me all the accessories included (we bundle price our phones ) why if your matching the TV price aren't you giving me a case, car charger and screen protectors.
klazziic

Feb 15, 2009, 2:38 PM
37. customer always want the "best phone" oh wait customer .... you mean "the best free phone".....

hahahahaha
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 15, 2009, 5:24 PM
37. Just because the store rep is female, it automatically means they are stupid, know nothing, and apparently have to waive all fees to "make up for their stupidity and for wasting the customer's time."

38. Why should I care about tracking in 3lbs of mud on the carpet? "The employees have to clean it anyways!"

39. The price AFTER REBATE "should be the price 'in store' just because I didn't see the words "price after $50 mail in rebate" under the price.

40. "Your supervisor will fire you if I tell them to - I am the customer and I get everything I want because your company NEEDS my business!"
dummy61104

Feb 16, 2009, 3:22 PM
Handicapped parking is for handicapped and people that just want to pay their bills.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 16, 2009, 1:55 PM
#68: The customer always runs a business off their broken 5 year old phone, and are loosing tens of thousands of dollars right now because of the broken 5 year old phone, so we must replace it or fix it for free.

#69: There are always crazy nude pictures on the phone when you have to blue tooth troubleshoot a phone. And if it is a 16 year old girl, you have to do it in front of her father.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.