Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

i love old people..

ellehope

Feb 10, 2009, 1:15 PM
but when they are too old to be driving and basically too old to push buttons on a phone..and then get angry with me or trying to help. that's when i get extremely frustrated.

this old man comes in EVERY WEEK with the same problem. which isn't even a problem at all. he has a really old nokia candy bar phone..i don't even know the model number its so old. anyways..he comes in saying his phone is off. i look at it and it is not off. it's definately on. the keys are just locked. so i proceed to show him how to unlock the keys..he then SCREAMS at me

"Don't you touch it! The second you touch it, it will work."
in my head i'm like yea..cause i know what im doing. its not like me to get angry with old people..but he really pissed me off. s...
(continues)
Menno

Feb 10, 2009, 1:20 PM
How can't he upgrade with such an old phone? was he one of those people that renewed his contract but refused a new phone because he didn't want to learn something new?
xIsamuTM

Feb 10, 2009, 2:31 PM
This is why god created the jitterbug. dump this custy on them and be done with it!
KingTiger

Feb 10, 2009, 7:55 PM
🤣 so true...
uscellagent22

Feb 12, 2009, 1:42 AM
I got one of those..

This man comes in at lease 2 times a week. He can't hear. He always wants us to "turn up the volume" on his w385.

Then he wants us to call people for him!

NO JOKE! we have to call his daughter and granddaughter to relay messages, cuz he can't hear.

Sad, but so effing annoying.
OfAMightDivine

Feb 12, 2009, 1:50 AM
What is the point in him having a phone, when he has to have other people make his calls for him?
jeffatt

Feb 12, 2009, 5:19 PM
That's an opportunity to add texting if I ever saw one.
Pretty Keeley

Feb 10, 2009, 6:27 PM
if he has a dinosaur?
ellehope

Feb 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
it's a prepaid phone. and it's the simplest phone we have..
KingTiger

Feb 10, 2009, 7:57 PM
I had this elderly woman come in once, she said that her phone wasn't making calls... it was turned off.

She never came in again 🤭

I think that's actually a pretty common incident.
dualitycomplex

Feb 10, 2009, 8:08 PM
an example of how that could happen out here is the customer comes in with a dinosaur of a phone that meets my carriers requirements for activation, the customer is being a real pain in the @$$ doesnt want to spend money on a phone complains about everything they ask if the customer has an old phone laying around the custie brings in said old phone and activates new 2 year service with it. Seen some people do this who factore phone costs into their commission to make some easy high gross money, they get paid out fully on the plan and take zero loss from the phone.
WZ_agent

Feb 11, 2009, 4:36 PM
(VZW indirect) a customer that provides his/her own equipment is eligible for an upgrade at any time. This should be all VZW, but it does take a call to credit to get the date moved.
Verizon SUX

Feb 13, 2009, 11:29 AM
If a customer activates a new line of service on provided equipment then yes they are eligible for a new phone. HOWEVER this is not comissionable which is why sales reps do not like to do unless they can find someone who can change the date.
..Mackenzie..

Feb 11, 2009, 12:53 PM
I had an elderly lady the other day ask how to charge the Samsung U340, and I showed her you just use your nail to lift up the plastic piece and plug it into the charger. She said WOW it's magicly charges once you lift up that piece?? It was all I could do not to bust up laughing. 😁 🤣 🤣 🤣
ellehope

Feb 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
hahaha see that's why i loooove old people!
JaydenW

Feb 11, 2009, 5:03 PM
Just had an old lady walk in..

Her: I need to talk to one of the men!!!

Me: 🤨 none of them are here today, how may I help you?

Her: 😲 🤨 hmph, well I need you to show me the answering machines.. Hold on, I need to fix my sock.

*fixes sock*

me: Well, we have cell phones and they do have voicemail..

her: I need one that plugs into the wall and is connected to a phone...

Me:.. well ma'am, we don't have actual answering machines, we only sell cell phones here.

Her 😲 What?? What is this company becoming?? This is ridiculous.

Me: We've always only had phones...

Her: hmph... radioshack.. *shakes head*

Me: That's two doors down, this is US Cellular.

Meanwhile, her husband laughs and says "I just let h...
(continues)
WZ_agent

Feb 11, 2009, 5:29 PM
JaydenW said:
Hold on, I need to fix my sock.

*fixes sock*

"

best...old person quote...ever

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.