jwonchalk

Feb 6, 2009, 11:13 AM
I love when someone comes into my location and says
C: "Hey I wanna pay this huge bill"
me "sure there is a 3 dollar charge"
C: "WHAT! there is no way I'm paying a extra 3 bucks thats nuts"
me "sorry thats what is charged to us"
C: "good luck staying in business with **** like that"
me to myself hmmm... Giant charges like 2 bucks for electric 4 bucks for VZW bills and like 2 bucks for every other bill but when I'm at the CS counter no one ever says anything sbout the charges.

This leaves me scratching my noggin!
I hate everything
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
kinda of redundant to charge someone to pay their bill to "process" it. No matter how small the charge.. 😕
Menno

Feb 6, 2009, 11:20 AM
The reason the charge exists it because we cannot connect directly to verizon's servers because we are not owned by verizon (we are a retailer)

So we have to use a third party secure server to deposit the money into, and then verizon withdrawls it from there.

This process is rather expensive so that is why there is a $3 charge. If we did not charge this, we could not accept bill payments.

Remember, the store itself is not getting the money the customer is paying, it is going directly to verizon (through the third party).

Customers can also:
Pay online
Pay at a corporate store
Pay over the phone
all for free because they can connect directly to verizon. The fact that they come into a retailer store (or a grocery store) is be...
(continues)
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Seems like an unecessary expense for your customers and your company. The system that allows you to process features etc... wont allow you to pay the bill. Seems kinda cheap on Verizon's end...
Menno

Feb 6, 2009, 1:04 PM
The thing that allows us to change features is not connected to the bill payment system.

This is why we cannot apply credits, cannote view notes, and cant directly apply payment.

I wish we could, but we can't. So we can either offer bill payment with a charge, or not offer it at all.
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 1:14 PM
for indi ATT.. I can do all of those things with the exception of bill credits. So again I can't understand your justification. Seems like Verizon indi is pretty watered down...
IrishCarBomb

Feb 6, 2009, 1:41 PM
Verizon indi uses a different computer system, and as Verizon is Verizon, they must nickle and dime their indi's as well.

Basically, Verizon charges them $3 to process a bill pay, and since they don't want to eat $3 a customer, they charge the customer.
Menno

Feb 6, 2009, 1:49 PM
You can pay your bill with no charge:
Through the mail
over the phone (credit or check)
and at any corporate store.

If you insist on not doing it any of those ways, you are doing so for convenience. Convenience always has a fee. Since we are not a direct store, we cannot access the payment system directly. So for the convienence of the customer, we use a third party program which charges money every time you use it.

If it came down to having one of the "machines" that takes payments or having them ring through out system for a charge (even for the whopping quarter I make off of it) I would much rather have the machine because it's not worth the headache explaining it to every freaking customer who wants to pay their bill ...
(continues)
gettinout

Feb 9, 2009, 1:46 PM
You seem a little worked up about it. You should find yourself a delightful corporate job. At least you would have benies and not look like such a tool 🙂
Menno

Feb 10, 2009, 9:21 AM
The corp stores around here are kind of jerks.

And I have benefits as an indirect. Though I would like it if our commission structure was closer to that of corporate stores. The earning potential isn't as high as it is here, but it's a lot more predictable.
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 3:18 PM
Verizon charges them $.25 and they charge their custies 3... 🙄
WhoDey

Feb 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
Do you just TRY to be argumentative for the sake of argument?
Or did you have some kind of point to all of this?

3rd parties are different than corporate, ATT is different from VZW, which is diff than sprint, which is different from Tmobile

Let it go, theres no point to being contrary
Decept.ICON

Feb 7, 2009, 1:12 PM
I have a right to think contrary to anything said by anyone. I also have the right to voice my opinion. If people feel the need to be argumentative to justify their stand point I am readily available to debate. Do you have a point in responding to my threads with no information that is critical to either side??? Didn't think so... Peace be to you! 😉
WhoDey

Feb 7, 2009, 2:43 PM
Im just wondering why you felt the need to reply at all. You didnt add anything, you didnt discuss anything, you just basically said "Youre stupid for charging what your company tells you to charge" like you REALLY didnt get it.
You get it, you know why they charge three bucks.. youre just being a dick.. we get it.
Decept.ICON

Feb 7, 2009, 3:42 PM
Ok... Number one I didn't say anyone was stupid. My comments are open to interpretation, however. Second, yes I feel like the charge is stoopid and redundant. If you weren't in this industry and you were just a consumer you'd ask why also. I find it funny that you're trying to persecute me for not jumping on the bandwagon of," Yeah customers are stupid is just 3$ kick." As dick as I may be at least I'm not a pu$$y. I don't think you really "get it".
BLEDSOE

Feb 6, 2009, 3:49 PM
ATT started charging customers $5 if they call in and process the payment...they tried to make ind. agents start charging as well for payments processed thru POS2. 👿
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 4:20 PM
we all know the lot of ATT "higher ups" are money grubbing (insert insulting noun here)... 🙄
BLEDSOE

Feb 6, 2009, 4:43 PM
just thougth it was funny that you were so admandant that it is a redundant charge...and made Verizon the BAD guys...LOL.
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 4:59 PM
I didn't really... Like I said WE don't charge people to pay their bills... What's next a surcharge for oxygen?
BLEDSOE

Feb 7, 2009, 10:46 AM
there are oxygen bars that "flavor" it... 🤣
Decept.ICON

Feb 7, 2009, 1:14 PM
oxygen you're inhaling! 😳 Lol.. j/k I've been to one of those bars in California. Woody Harrelson was there.. 🤣
dummy61104

Feb 7, 2009, 8:54 PM
the company i work for bites the bullet when it comes to the surcharge to offer good customer service. why should you pay to pay your bills?
wizardofCroz

Feb 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
👀 credit card companies do it, why can't we? And we don't pocket the money, it isn't as though we just take their 5 dollars and spend it, it all gets deposited to our carrier. Granted, someone is making money somewhere off of these people, but its definitely not us. I've even heard a few people say they make commission off of bill pays... 😳 WOW, must be nice!
jwonchalk

Feb 6, 2009, 11:26 AM
Redundant? not sure thats a good word to use there 😕
Menno

Feb 6, 2009, 11:32 AM
explain it this way:

You can pay your bill with no charge by:
-Going online
-Paying over the phone by #pmt
-Finding your nearest corporate store
-Sending it in the mail

We do not have direct access to apply payments at this location. Verizon gave us a way to do it, but it requires a $3 fee to cover that service since they already provide four different "free" ways to pay your bill.

If they really get crazy about how I will "lose the payment" and make no money from them, I pull out .15 cents and offer it to them so I don't make any money on the sale. once they see that, they usually either calm down and pay, or go to another store.
Decept.ICON

Feb 6, 2009, 11:36 AM
Why not? Do you know the definition???? 🙄
SonsOfAnarchy

Feb 6, 2009, 1:09 PM
not charge a fee if you owned an indirect store and it cost you money everytime someone wants to pay a bill. $3 a payment times 10-15 a day, it adds up. #pmt is very easy to use.
wizardofCroz

Feb 7, 2009, 11:05 AM
I work for ATT indirect and we charge custys 5 dollars only for cash payments. Any other form of payment is accepted without a charge. There are two different systems we use, one that deals with the person's ATT account in which we can process credit card payments, and a complete different system that allows us to process cash payments. Not our fault, just like Menno said, its a convienience for custys to pay cash here. And there is a fee for doing so
Decept.ICON

Feb 7, 2009, 1:16 PM
see it as convenient... JMO. It's easier to pay it from your phone rather than driving to your near by dealer. Again just my pov.. 😉
wizardofCroz

Feb 7, 2009, 3:32 PM
True, but you can't pay cash over the phone. So its inconvienient to establish an actual checking account in order to obtain an actual bank card, in which they would be able to pay over the phone.

Those 5 dollar fees should go to us because we have to make a 10 minute drive to the bank every morning to deposit their cash payments.
Decept.ICON

Feb 7, 2009, 3:43 PM
is about 1000ft away. I guess that's why we don't charge. 🤣
a_elyse

Feb 6, 2009, 5:12 PM
i hate customers like that. i work for an indirect att business and we charge $5 for cash payments. the only good thing about it is I sometimes get walk-in features off them if I pull their bill. Still not worth the headache sometimes...
devilsmafia

Feb 6, 2009, 6:14 PM
rough day at work today? 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.