Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Stupidity at it's finest!

IrishCarBomb

Feb 3, 2009, 6:29 PM
I just had a customer spend about 10 minutes trying to dial the refill number on their phone! 10 minutes to dial *XXXX! I told them a good 10 times the number, have walked them through it before multiple times, and so forth! ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I even entered it on her phone the third time she asked, and told her all she needed to do was hit the call button and follow the prompts... she it the hang up button.

I finally gave up, and just did it for her... bad part is she is about 16, so technology shouldn't be that challenging to her. The future of this country is screwed!
xIsamuTM

Feb 3, 2009, 6:31 PM
man, this girls gunna mess up my order at wendys. oh, wait, if she can't hit sent, maybe she can't hit enter and my lunch'll be free!!
IrishCarBomb

Feb 3, 2009, 6:32 PM
I wish it worked that way... I don't think she would make it at Wendys... maybe Subway, since then you can tell her over and over that you want turkey, not ham...
Dnbstyle

Feb 3, 2009, 7:03 PM
I want WHEAT bread,
not WHITE bread! 🙄
a_elyse

Feb 3, 2009, 6:31 PM
i agree. thats why i tell customers just to come here and get refills from us. its done thru the computer system so no numbers to call & no hassle thank god 🙂
IrishCarBomb

Feb 3, 2009, 6:34 PM
I wish! My systems are separated, and management doesn't want us to go into the system and apply the time for them since we had issues in the past with it getting on the wrong number, and the hassle that brings with it. I can understand, maybe 1 in 5 customers really knows their phone number, the rest are "pretty sure" or no clue at all, neither of which is a good thing.
a_elyse

Feb 3, 2009, 6:35 PM
understandable. when we enter the number here, it pulls their name up as well. so that gives us a little added security.
Menno

Feb 3, 2009, 6:33 PM
I had a customer sit in my store for an hour trying to get through to Verizon Landline customer service to cancel their DSL..

And this was after I explained to her that we had no direct line, we were considered two seperate companies and complaining to me about how slowly her limewire was going would not make the customer service pick up any faster.
a_elyse

Feb 3, 2009, 6:36 PM
limewire always seems slow....itunes is much better
Menno

Feb 3, 2009, 6:42 PM
Because itunes is legal downloads and direct from a server.

Most people who use limewire install it as a default so for every song they are downloading there are 20+ people uploading from them.

Limewire is the bane of my existence atm since almost everyone around here uses it and I am stuck on crappy cable to begin with.
xIsamuTM

Feb 3, 2009, 7:10 PM
Then Britney Spears' 🤭 🤭

BITTORRENT FTW, B%%CHES!!
Menno

Feb 3, 2009, 7:23 PM
Torrents slow the connection as well if idiots manage them, which most of the people using them around here would be.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.