Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Shiznit.

Pretty Keeley

Feb 2, 2009, 9:18 AM
So a few months ago, I had a hardcore redneck customer come in with some problems regarding his used phone. When I couldn't provide the answers he wanted, he walked out of the store saying how stupid I was and how I didn't know anything. A few days later, he came in again wanting to get out of his contract for free because he was having problems with his used phone, and, once again, I could not provide the answers he wanted. He again called me dumb and a couple other things. I decided I would no longer help this customer because I was too dumb to. So far, it hasn't been a problem passing him off to another co-worker when he comes in. But he's sitting in my parking lot right now, talking on the phone, and I'm the ONLY one working. Can I get i...
(continues)
a Girl

Feb 2, 2009, 9:23 AM
Have you already tried the pass off to customer service or technical support (if somethings wrong with his phone)? Jk. Don't do that. What kind of questions is he asking though that can't be answered?
Pretty Keeley

Feb 2, 2009, 9:30 AM
he had a used phone and it was acting up. No signs of physical damage, so I looked up the warranty on the phone. It was out of warranty and he didn't have insurance. He wanted us to fix it for free or give him a new one. I told him I couldn't do anything for him at my store (which is true) but that he could always talk to a corporate store or customer service to see if they could do anything. He, of course, was not happy with those answers, so I am stupid. 🙂
a Girl

Feb 2, 2009, 9:43 AM
No idea what to say then.... 😕
Menno

Feb 2, 2009, 9:28 AM
Are you a corp store?

If not, those customers will typically pull the "when I go down to corp store x they take care of me."

If that is the case, tell them flat out that you are sorry, but your answers have not changed since last time. If they think they will have better luck going to a corp store they are welcome to do so, but you are unable to assist them more than you already have.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 2, 2009, 10:05 AM
Tell him he needs to go to the store he bought the phone at, and ask them for warranty/technical support. Advice him you are not equipped to fix phones, only sell them, and as you did not sell him the phone, you do not have any sort of store policy that applies to the phone, and that as it is out of manufacturer warranty, he needs to take the issue up with the store he bought it at.

If he thinks this is nuts, ask him if he can buy a used car from lot X and then demand a replacement from lot Y... no, of course not, same thing here.
Pretty Keeley

Feb 2, 2009, 10:17 AM
Actually, he DID buy the used phone at my store. We have a 3-day exchange policy for used phones as well as the one year warranty from when the phone was first purchased. We still can't do anything about the phone if it's acting up out of the warranty.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 2, 2009, 10:45 AM
Oh, sorry, I thought it was bought somewhere else...

What is the phone doing that is so wrong, and what kind is it?

And I would explain that it was a used phone, and as such, it was sold as is. Unfortunately, it is outside of the manufacturer warranty, and the store exchange period(which it sounds like you already did)... if he is still moaning, I would repeat word for word "sold as is"... I am guessing you have signage around that says this? I know that the used shops in my town have these signs all over.
Pretty Keeley

Feb 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
I don't remember what the phone was doing, as it happened months ago. We do have the customer sign the receipt showing they understand the policies, and we repeat aloud what policies pertain to them, such as the 3 day exchange and the warranty from when the phone was first purchased.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 2, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, that really sucks for you! I have a guy like that, comes in about once a month to complain about is phone and demand we replace it, and fix stuff that can't be fixed, and claims he doesn't care what the policy is or his contract, we should fix it because he is the customer, and we have to fix it.

...he went from a Nokia N series phone to a Razr V3i, so it wouldn't read his photos, thus it is my fault, and since he reformatted the card, it erased them to boot, once again my fault. All I did was do a 30 day warranty exchange on his V3i, which was working just fine, but did anyways to shut him up! He wouldn't let me touch the damn phone at all, took everything out and switched it all himself, ect... I had to tell him I wouldn't do t...
(continues)
Ask The Shack

Feb 2, 2009, 12:29 PM
As a storekeeper, you reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason. Do that.

If you really want to be a dick, tresspass him, so that if he comes back, he could be arrested.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.