Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Dear Customer,

apollo83

Jan 27, 2009, 12:54 PM
Why must you rattle my door ten minutes before i open? I clearly have a sign above the door that says closed! I did not forget to turn it on. Have you forgotten how to read? Just because you press your face on the glass door does not mean i am going to open for you to ask me some dumb question. Please wait untill ten and i will gladly assist you.

Thank you

(just my pet peeve... end rant 😁 )
Menno

Jan 27, 2009, 2:11 PM
I don't get this either. especially since most customers there super early are there for either bill pays or questions, not to actually buy anything.
maverick218

Jan 27, 2009, 3:13 PM
yep, either a complaint/question or a bill payment. Same thing goes when you close, and the lights are out... I guess if they see us in the store, they think we are open.
KingTiger

Jan 29, 2009, 7:52 PM
I think it's something more along the lines of, "I know you're in there, so why can't you help me right now?! I mean, I'm more important than your opening/closing procedures!"
gettinout

Jan 29, 2009, 8:17 PM
You flip them the birdy and they usually get it 🙂
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 28, 2009, 2:14 PM
dear apollo;

i understand.

on sunday i had someone do that for FIFTEEN MINUTES before i opened. he got face grease all over the window that we PAY to have cleaned...

jerks.
taoareyou

Jan 29, 2009, 5:41 PM
At least he didn't buttprint the windows.
KingTiger

Jan 30, 2009, 5:23 PM
sweetcherrygurl said:
face grease

Eeeeww.

You know what I hate? When families with little kids walk by the store and the kids drag their grubby fingers along the length of the whoooole storefront. Which is almost entirely glass. 😡
SonsOfAnarchy

Jan 28, 2009, 2:20 PM
I hate that... then they will read the hours of operation sign and look at their watch, then try to open the door again and repeat that process every 5 min.... When i get to the store there are opening processes i have to complete before i can open the store, if there wasn't then i could get here at time of open and get a extra half hour of sleep!!!!!
smiliey

Jan 28, 2009, 4:21 PM
that is pretty much exactly what they do. and they cup their hands over the glass to see in better, as if they make eye contact with one of us we will open the door for them.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 29, 2009, 1:41 PM
SonsOfAnarchy said:
I hate that... then they will read the hours of operation sign and look at their watch, then try to open the door again and repeat that process every 5 min.... When i get to the store there are opening processes i have to complete before i can open the store, if there wasn't then i could get here at time of open and get a extra half hour of sleep!!!!!

when people do that i wait until 10:00:59 to open. then i just unlock the door and walk back to the counter and CONTINUE cleaning while im listening to the problems that "make their LIFE hang in the balance"

they rarely get the point though.

one morning before i opened, i went next door to get myself a bagel and a drink. i'm coming ...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Jan 28, 2009, 4:49 PM
Try being in a kiosk... very, very, VERY annoying!

My favorite line is when they say, "They have you come in early?" Yes, yes they do, just to pay me to sit here, do nothing, and tell you I am not open for another half hour... morons!

Closing sucks too! Seriously, if I am in the middle of counting my drawer, have all my case lights off, ect, what makes you think I am open? What makes you think saying, "come on, you can't sell me just 1 card real quick" will change the fact I am closed and have been for 15 minutes?

Now its winter, not a common occurrence because of my coat, but my kiosk is in a grocery store, so when I would get off I would do some shopping... I would have people come up to me and ask why I wasn't at my kiosk, I w...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Jan 28, 2009, 5:12 PM
cheers!! I've become a drunk since DTV.
to
many
dumb
people!!
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 29, 2009, 1:44 PM
IrishCarBomb said:
Try being in a kiosk... very, very, VERY annoying!

My favorite line is when they say, "They have you come in early?" Yes, yes they do, just to pay me to sit here, do nothing, and tell you I am not open for another half hour... morons!

Closing sucks too! Seriously, if I am in the middle of counting my drawer, have all my case lights off, ect, what makes you think I am open? What makes you think saying, "come on, you can't sell me just 1 card real quick" will change the fact I am closed and have been for 15 minutes?

Now its winter, not a common occurrence because of my coat, but my kiosk is in a grocery store, so when I would get off I would do some shopping... I would have people come up to m
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Jan 29, 2009, 5:33 PM
Trust me, I am nowhere near nice in telling them I am closed, off the clock, and can't help them. I have only had one person push it beyond, "you gotta open up real quick" and me looking real pissed and telling them "No, I don't". I am not the tallest person in history, but I am ripped, so they usually back off...

I had some jerk off push it past that, and tell me he was going to kick my ass if I didn't open back up. I pointed out that I was holding a bottle of wine, and that if I were to open up for him it would be to cancel his account for threatening an employee. He was also really loud, and security was already walking over to see what was up.

I also had some punk 16 year old kid threaten to meet me when I got off work and whoo...
(continues)
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 30, 2009, 2:19 PM
lol. were his bug-eyes an ego boost? ;oP

or at that point did you want that bottle of wine more than ever? 👀
IrishCarBomb

Jan 30, 2009, 2:48 PM
Not really an ego boost... I am not too full of myself... I know I have a good body, but I also know there are plenty of better bods out there, and stronger folk.

The guy that was harassing me when I was off and getting some wine for my lamb roast, and then an 8 pack of Guinness for myself, kinda got me juiced up, since he seemed like he meant business. If it wasn't for the fact the security guard was walking over, and I had a rather decent weapon in my hand, I probably would have handled it differently. But my adrenaline was flowing, I have many years of wrestling, and used to be a black belt in Karate.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.